Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Entirely Crimson bushing for RF100

I bought a rf100 from a buddy earlier this year and could never get it to run better than 98-99% correctly oriented primer.  It’s as level as I can get it, I monkied with the bushing adjustment, watched all the videos, talked to friends with them etc... and I’d still average 1-2 upside down primers a tube. 

I saw someone on Facebook recommend this bushing that entirely crimson makes.  The main purpose of the bushing is that it allows the use of the standard dillon pickup tubes, but the ancillary benefit is that I haven’t had an upside down primer since I installed it.   Granted it’s still fairly early on (2k rounds loaded) but it seems to have possibly eliminated my upside down primer issue.  At least, I’ve gone from 1-2 per 100 to <1 per 2000 at current count. 

so if you are having issues with your rf100 dropping upside down primers, it might me worth the $20 to try this bushing... especially with as scarce as primers are these days. EB949CCC-3380-417A-93F6-9DB0B9643469.jpeg.753c10f990f96464f2aa2035ae1287f5.jpeg76C5C450-CC0D-4017-8F5F-61701C386BAE.jpeg.024fb169c767bbc3bd6044f92acb7129.jpeg

The sole purpose of this is to be able to use the smaller tubes?  Isn't the point of the larger/thicker tubes for safety/containing a primer det?  Not sure how often that could occur with the RF I'll admit though.

3 minutes ago, 78Staff said:

Yeah from Dillon's webpage...  "...the primers are inside the primer tube which is shielded inside a protective metal housing"

Interesting. I hate the fat tube. It is a tight fit with the powder hopper In the way. Never seemed to drain smoothly for me. I’ve dumped a lot of primers on the bench with the fat tube. I’ll let you know if they daisy chain on me. 

10 hours ago, tha1000 said:

Interesting. I hate the fat tube. It is a tight fit with the powder hopper In the way. Never seemed to drain smoothly for me. I’ve dumped a lot of primers on the bench with the fat tube. I’ll let you know if they daisy chain on me. 

Yeah I can't say how likely or possible a primer det is on an RF-100 TBH - it may be more of a lawyer issue than anything.  I've gotten used to them I guess, by holding it against the hopper it lines up and primers flow out pretty good.

I guess I was more curious if it improved the process/drop of the primers from the RF-100 into the tube.  Personally I don't have very many issues with mine, but I have two, one setup for LP one for SP, and they are dialed in for Win primers - so I never have to adjust them.  But for those that have one and swap back and forth I know sometimes it can be struggle to get them running smooth every time a change is made.

I like EC stuff, i have a few items from them, but they are kinda spendy imo for what they are.  Limited Market I guess like most reloading/cottage industry add-ons creates higher prices.  I've been eyeing the Case Feed Housing replacement since I cracked mine (although it still works), but I'm balking at the $55 price :).

Its a non issue  Issue.     Ask your self this. Do any of the other manufactures of primer tube fillers require a reinforced tube?

Hell the others have(all but one) you hold the tube being filled.

4 minutes ago, RaylanGivens said:

Had so much trouble with Winchester WSR primers that I mothballed my RF-100...  Just ordered one of the EC bushings...  Going to give it another try...

...the danger is in looking around the EC site...  Lots of nice s1050 pieces there!

I’m using Winchester spp if that helps any. 

I read lots of complaints about WSP/WLP, but I run them pretty much exclusively through my two RF-100's and 1050/550 without issue.  Rifle may be different however with the thicker cup...

Common tips for the RF-100, which you've probably already read/tried...

Just snug the clear cover bolts don't crank them down.

Same for the collar that goes under the bowl - for WLP mine is snug, for WSP it's actually a hair loose

Use mid speed, or low to mid... running it wide open or too slow can cause jams

Sit it on a mouse pad or similar
put a slight forward lean to it, and if that doesn't help, try the other way.

I have one set for LP, one for SP, and so never have to fiddle or adjust them, so that helps I'm sure.

Would I buy them again?  I would say probably not - I would just get a PAL for the cost savings.  But overall they have worked well for me once tuned and adjusted.

Edited by 78Staff

• 2 weeks later...

I stopped using my RF 100 because I couldn't get it to work properly. This EC bushing has worked perfectly with federal SPPs. No Flipped primers.

Winchester LPPs would still stick a little, however, I didnt work on the adjustments for that very much. So it may work with a little tweaking.

This tool made the RF 100 usable for me. No amount of fidgeting with the Dillon stock components has given me the results that EC bushing has.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I had my RF dialed in for CCI but when changed brands to FED or WIN i had to play with adjustments to get 99% reliability . With the EC adapter , zero adjustments between brands with a 100% reliability rate . Best thing out for a RF .

• 1 month later...