Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FX-120i

After my GemPro started dying, I decided to invest in one of the best for reloading!

Have it calibrated and weighing fine; but would like to learn to use some of the more intense features. Not much on YouTube for this specific scale/balance. Any site or instructional blog recommendations?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On 8/31/2020 at 2:07 PM, milanuk said:

About the only 'intense' feature worth worrying about is pairing it with an AutoTrickler and AutoThrower emoji106.png

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Agreed. 

My gempro died about 6 months ago. I got a FX-120I.  Which is a huge upgrade over gempro  (no more floating zero).

I ordered the V3 auto trickler and auto throw about 2 months ago. I received it 2 weeks ago. Probably the best peice of reloading equipment I own. It simply just works. No tinkering no BS. Just plug it in, download the app and start loading. 

I just loaded a OCW, 3 rounds with 8 different charges in about 15-20 minutes.  Thats including seating the bullets.  

Saw a GemPro 250 for sale today in the classifieds.......made me think of my recent ordeal where I contacted HBI International -My Weigh about my failing GP250.  And since they no longer make the GemPro line and can't honor the warranty, all I had to do was send them a copy of my original invoice and they are sending me a check for the full purchase price.

Very satisfied with this outcome as every little bit will help to offset the cost of the FX-120i!

💡

On 8/31/2020 at 2:07 PM, milanuk said:

About the only 'intense' feature worth worrying about is pairing it with an AutoTrickler and AutoThrower emoji106.png

Yea, I'm fully aware of how well it integrates with the AutoTrickler/AutoThrower combination.  And if I ever start loading for precision rifle, I've got the perfect "balance" to add to.

For some reason, I keep thinking there are some features of the unit that would benefit me for verifying .1g variances in ladder loads, etc..........

Thanks!

It's a scale. Other than the ability to 'talk' to another device i.e. AutoTrickler, etc. there isn't much else *for* it to do.

Some of this type of scale sometimes have counting functions - where you can weigh an individual item, and then a pile of them and it'll tell you how many are in said pile... but bullets/brass tend to be a bit too heavy and/or bulky for the scale's available range, and powder kernels too small/light, so...

13 minutes ago, milanuk said:

It's a scale. Other than the ability to 'talk' to another device i.e. AutoTrickler, etc. there isn't much else *for* it to do.

Some of this type of scale sometimes have counting functions - where you can weigh an individual item, and then a pile of them and it'll tell you how many are in said pile... but bullets/brass tend to be a bit too heavy and/or bulky for the scale's available range, and powder kernels too small/light, so...

milanuk:

That's what I was thinking of.............

Thanks for clearing that up!

👍:)