Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

basepads

Lowsc3

Hello I have a buddy who recently I've gotten to join in on USPSA matches. He bought a Walther q5 match steel. He purchased the +5 from TTI so it should hold 23 but he can't get past 20, does the follower have to be changed? I couldn't find a grams kit for it either. Any help is appreciated. 

Yes follower and spring. I used the follower/spring 11 coil for a Sig From Grams. The follower needed a little dremel work to clear the slide catch, slide does not lock open on last shot fired.

https://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Grams-SpringFollower-Kit-Springfield-Sig-Sauer-P320P250-P4544.aspx

Edited by BritinUSA

6 hours ago, Lowsc3 said:

Hello I have a buddy who recently I've gotten to join in on USPSA matches. He bought a Walther q5 match steel. He purchased the +5 from TTI so it should hold 23 but he can't get past 20, does the follower have to be changed? I couldn't find a grams kit for it either. Any help is appreciated. 

I have the Q5 SF Pro - comes with 17 round mags but they are just 15 round bodies with extensions on them.  When I put +5/6 basepads on them I got 20/21 - because the mag body is a 15 rounder.  I don't think there is actually a 17 round body.   I haven't tried the grams follower/spring combination Brit suggests, sounds like it's worth a shot.  

Phil

I have used the same 320 11 coil Grams spring and followers with the factory 17 round Walthers mags and you will fit 19 easy . I have T.F. extension on a couple mags and with the Grams 320 11 coil spring and followers can get 23 reloadable.  

Grams spring for a P320

TTI +5 extension

TTI ultra-thin “plus one” follower for a 9MM 2011 magazine.

Gets you 23 and they reload just as easily as clicking a factory mag into the gun with 15 in it. No failed seating while loading on the run.

See below:

Edited by MemphisMechanic