Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting my Chronographs.

ezra650

Yes plural. I have 2 chronos and shot both of them within about 6 months. One of them was only 2 weeks old out of the package. That one was complete accident via a loose scope mount I was unaware of. Still hurt my feelings pretty bad. The other one I grazed with a bullet... but it was asking for it.

Great repair policy by CE though! Props to them.

Always chrono with a target.  Learned that one the hard way too, although Oehler is in town so I could drive over and get some new plastic parts.

Although I'm spoiled by the Labradar.  Nothing downrange to get shot makes it the first chrono I've ever let random people use to chrono their ammo.

On 8/30/2020 at 8:00 PM, shred said:

Always chrono with a target.  Learned that one the hard way too, although Oehler is in town so I could drive over and get some new plastic parts.

Although I'm spoiled by the Labradar.  Nothing downrange to get shot makes it the first chrono I've ever let random people use to chrono their ammo.

The Labradar are really tempting to me, but pricey! Sounds really nice for use with my long range hunting rifle load work. That chrono data is the most important to me. 

I think I may end up getting a magneto speed for the rifles and keep fighting with the UV light chronos for pistols. Thats how I grazed the other one. I was in poor light conditions and getting aggravated with the weird readings and in a hurry I aimed *just* a hair lower. It just grazed and cracked the plastic housing. 

The one that my scope mount came loose was the brand new chrono. It was totaled. See pic of exit hole. I was also trying to figure out why my brand new open gun wasn't working just right (loose extractor). So I was aggravated with that. Maybe if I had been paying better attention I would have thought to diagnose why my gun was hitting so low after I just zeroed it a day before. See middle steel plate, all shots on lower half LOL!

Well at least $100 later I will be back to 2 fully working chronos. Maybe I should do one of those trick shot videos.... how many chronos will a (insert caliber) go through. 

117075642_754497935121960_9065150681332136840_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=5M-yu-TOhcQAX_uo7bf&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=78083a7a5d60ff4c2aad5471b99e6559&oe=5F7714D3

20 minutes ago, wlktheduk said:

There are 2 types of shooters in regards to shooting and chronographs:

Those who HAVE shot their chronograph.

Those who WILL shoot their chronograph.

(I haven't killed a chronograph yet, but I have wounded one 😉 )

Luckily I have a LabRadar.  Not saying it is impossible to shoot the thing, but you would have to try pretty hard to hit the thing.

2 hours ago, outerlimits said:

Not to mention the amazing groups you can shoot while doing so...

IMG_1534.jpeg

Oof hahaha you have me beat on that one. When I hit the one above with the 115gr 9mm round it actually knocked the whole tripod and chrono over slowly. I was just standing there with my mouth agape.

2 hours ago, ezra650 said:

Oof hahaha you have me beat on that one. When I hit the one above with the 115gr 9mm round it actually knocked the whole tripod and chrono over slowly. I was just standing there with my mouth agape.

these were .223 NBT's going about 2970fps...

seems every other time I have mine out some perfect stranger wants to shoot his Illudium Q35 space modulator

Really dislike having to pretend to be nice... I mean really. Leave me alone. I am here to play with my toys, not deal with others.

Years ago Citi card used to run these TV adds, basically offering a refund if you buy something on a Citi card and destroy it because you are an idiot they will refund your money.
The TV adds show folks unloading a TV from a truck,, (this was back when TV's were heavy) And dropping and breaking it.
Welll I miscalculated scope height and blasted my shooting Chrony with a 3006....
went round and round with Citi bank chuckle heads on this. They kept saying they didnt cover intentional damage ,, cause I shot it. Took me forever to explain,, its a device you are supposed to shoot at. Got denied a time or too, wrote letters, took pictures.. (HAH Poloroids) Asked if ANYONE in that office owned a gun, please contact me. Gave up.... about a year later I got a $100 credit on my account.... Sure enough they finally gave me the refund.

On 8/30/2020 at 7:00 PM, shred said:

Always chrono with a target.  

I always put a Target behind my chrono in the sweet spot where the rails are connected by a brass coupling for pistols. Rifles is no problem I use a Magna Speed 3

This Hate rant has turned into a discussion, which is beyond the bounds of the rules for the Hate Forum. Thus, it must be closed.Please review the Hate Forum Rules:http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8097[note: this is a generic response]