Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blue Bullets .355 or.356 diam. in 9major?


vgdvc
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello shooters. I'm going to be developing a 9major load and once my barrel is lapped in with jacketed I may look to try 125 RN Blue Bullets since I have heard positive reports of their use as an option in Open. They offer .356 and .355 diameters. Does anyone have experiences to determine a preference and why? Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, costeel said:

I ran a couple hundred .355 at 170ish pf with WAC, while waiting for my jacketed order to arrive.

Accuracy wasn't great past ~15 yds, in my gun, but they ran Ok.

Hmmmm. That doesn't sound impressive. Maybe that's a reason I have heard the.356 is used by some Open shooters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It probably won’t matter what you order during this shortage. I ordered a case of 9mm 125gr RN sized at .356 as a special order. When they came in, the boxes were clearly labeled as being size .356 but they were all .355”. I can only assume that during this craziness they are not paying that much attention to what you order and are just shipping what they are making.
I will never again order Bullets from a company that offers different sizing options to prevent this from happening again.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Cuz said:

It probably won’t matter what you order during this shortage. I ordered a case of 9mm 125gr RN sized at .356 as a special order. When they came in, the boxes were clearly labeled as being size .356 but they were all .355”. I can only assume that during this craziness they are not paying that much attention to what you order and are just shipping what they are making.
I will never again order Bullets from a company that offers different sizing options to prevent this from happening again.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were .356 or closer to. If u Mike .355 they come in .352

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve shot thousands of blues in 9 major an 38 sc. I tested long time .355 rn was trash for accuracy. Then I found .356 125 tc an I’d put up to any jacket for accuracy. I actually load minor .356  rn also cz likes em a lot. I did notice in open the 125 rn .356 hit little lower if u sighted in for 125 tc .356. Chris Tilley uses same bullet so good enough for me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, 36873687 said:

I’ve shot thousands of blues in 9 major an 38 sc. I tested long time .355 rn was trash for accuracy. Then I found .356 125 tc an I’d put up to any jacket for accuracy. I actually load minor .356  rn also cz likes em a lot. I did notice in open the 125 rn .356 hit little lower if u sighted in for 125 tc .356. Chris Tilley uses same bullet so good enough for me. 

Did you try the 125 round nose  .356 in 9 major? I'm also trying to determine which profile is going to be best for loading 9 major, the RN or the TC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've run the RN and TC and both ran great out of my open guns.

Mine usually go about .2 lower in charge weight to get same velocity and dot movement than jacketed.

 

Most nay of the major players have a variable in finished size of coated bullets due to sized die wear.

BUT after 10 plus years of shooting coated bullets

BBI, Brazos (relatively new supplier) seem to have the biggest problem with undersized bullets.  and both will tell you your mics are off or that's the way they always do it and it works! LOL

Obviously BBI it does work, while the other has some problems but mostly due to soft lead mix.

 

Run what you can get and they'll work .  .356 usuallu will be more accurate (at least for me)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello: Get the 0.356's since they will seal better. The Blue Bullets I have tested and have seen around here seem to be hit or miss. They are not all round and some have even tumbled out of some barrels. The larger diameter should help stop most of that. For me I just use JHP's since they only cost a little more and the accuracy is always good. If you shoot a match that is 200 rounds and the bullet only costs 0.02 more, that is only $4 more for the match. What you could do is buy the 0.356" and see how they shoot out of your barrel. Thanks, Eric

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, vgdvc said:

Hello shooters. I'm going to be developing a 9major load and once my barrel is lapped in with jacketed I may look to try 125 RN Blue Bullets since I have heard positive reports of their use as an option in Open. They offer .356 and .355 diameters. Does anyone have experiences to determine a preference and why? Thanks

I have looked at their site a few times and did not see the option to choose between .355 and .356. In July I put in an order of 125g TC and they only have .355 as an option as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Posvar said:

I have looked at their site a few times and did not see the option to choose between .355 and .356. In July I put in an order of 125g TC and they only have .355 as an option as well. 

Look under "special order profiles".  And, you can call them to have a different special order profile quantity added and they send you an invoice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/28/2020 at 9:26 PM, BJB said:

Look under "special order profiles".  And, you can call them to have a different special order profile quantity added and they send you an invoice.

Thanks. I had no idea. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/28/2020 at 8:31 AM, Racinready300ex said:

I take the really technical approach of just buying .355's and if the accuracy is what I want I roll with it. So far all my guns have been fine. If I got one that wasn't I'd just test the .356's. 

 

>>SNIP<<

Same here. I cast my own and have sized my 150 LRN to .355 for every 9mm I ever had. I have a .356 die for my Star lubri-sizer but used it for supers.  Nowadays I'm powder coating everything from 9 to 40 and .45 and have yet to run a lot of rounds downrange but I'm suspecting little change from my cast/wax lubed bullets.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/22/2020 at 7:41 PM, Glock17open said:

Yes they are very smoky

Ha! Keep thinking that dude. Please nobody buy Blue Bullets so my orders can be filled. Don't buy any primers either. They are all crap. Get some Russian ones. Lord save me.

 

The most used bullet at Race Gun Nationals last year. Don't buy those. I need more of them.

Edited by Brooke
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Brooke said:

Ha! Keep thinking that dude. Please nobody buy Blue Bullets so my orders can be filled. Don't buy any primers either. They are all crap. Get some Russian ones. Lord save me.

 

The most used bullet at Race Gun Nationals last year. Don't buy those. I need more of them.

Ha! I have 4000 of them in my garage.  I also have 5000, 124 jacketed hollow points from delta percissision.  When I shoot blue's I my open gun.  It looks like a cho chi train when shooting, no smoke shooting jhp.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...