Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moving to Austin

Have plans to move to North of Austin Texas ( Round Rock area ) at the end of this year. Anyone know where i could rent out a bay for practice not to far away and where there i s good uspsa and 3 gun matches hosted?

TSA is run by 3-gunners.  Good place and probably the best option for practice.  They have IDPA, USPSA and 3 Gun there.  Last I checked you have to be a member to use the bays and they do some vetting to be sure you will be safe, but don't have a ton of dumb rules.  There was/is a membership range north of Georgetown associated with Guns Plus.  I don't know their current status.  Best of the West is closed, likely for good. 

Austin Rifle Club out between Manor and Elgin has bays and has IDPA, Steel and USPSA matches (COVID allowing), but you have to be a member to use bays outside of matches and they limit what you can do (ie: no movement without an official authorized practice and other BOC things).  Copperas Cove and Temple have matches to the north and there are others towards San Antonio and parts East.  There's 3-gun out by Burnet at Reveille Peak which is a cool setup.  Copperhead Creek near Marble Falls used to have some 3-gun and has huge bays.  There are indoor ranges and other private ranges around, but you mostly need to know somebody that knows somebody.

Go to www.txpsc.net if you haven't and there's a reasonably up-to-date map of matches in the area and you can signup for the TXIPSC announcements email list.  Most of the area matches use Practiscore so that match search also works pretty well.

Copperhead rents bays to non-members for $15 an hour, $5 for members. They also have a steel range with quite a bit of MGM steel set up like plate rack, Texas Star etc. Copperhead also has a long range to 600 yds.

Reville Ranch is now open to the public, they have a bunch of bays plus a 800 yds. long range. TSA charges per month, and currently has rifle to 100 yds. Many of the bays have steel targets set up in them, so you don’t need to haul your own. 

8 hours ago, Lowsc3 said:

Thanks for all the great info ! Sounds like there are more options then I currently have here in south Florida so i have a lot to loo forward to.

If you have any questions about the Round Rock, Cedar Park, Leander area let me know I live where the three touch together.

13 hours ago, Lowsc3 said:

Nice I'm going to be there next week but moving over end of the year in the round rock/ hutto area

If you move to the east side of Round Rock or Hutto ARC is closer to there. Might see if that works out for you. Copperhead and Reville Peak are more 3 gun friendly as far as guns you can use and targets you can set up.