Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDM Elite 4.5 OSP vs Canik TP9SFx

tdo722

I see the XDM Elite is selling for about $540 online vs the Canik TP9SFx at $550. I don't think there's anyway the TP9SFx can compete. What do you think?

https://www.centerfireguns.com/springfield-armory-sp-9m-4-5-tb-osp-fde-19r-xdmt9459fhco.html?source=gundeals

XDM has suppressor sights, threaded barrel, optic ready, cerakote finish. Most important is springfield has lifetime warranty and also has all the parts you ever need in case your handgun breaks down.

What do you think?

Edited by tdo722

Suppressor sights and threaded barrel meaningless to me. Both are optic ready and every poly gun made in last 40 years has some kinda corrosion resistant finish.
Warranty and parts definitely an advantage. I have been around block a few times and seen more than one of these flash in the pan imports like the Canik suddenly disappear and leave folks hanging with no support, parts, or mags.
Anyway do like the elite frame and mag funnel. I have an older XDMosp and really like it. Messed with a Canik in a gun store. Felt like a rattle trap POS

3 hours ago, Joe4d said:
Warranty and parts definitely an advantage. I have been around block a few times and seen more than one of these flash in the pan imports like the Canik suddenly disappear and leave folks hanging with no support, parts, or mags.

Caracal comes to mind.😂

6 hours ago, tdo722 said:

I see the XDM Elite is selling for about $540 online vs the Canik TP9SFx at $550. I don't think there's anyway the TP9SFx can compete. What do you think?

https://www.centerfireguns.com/springfield-armory-sp-9m-4-5-tb-osp-fde-19r-xdmt9459fhco.html?source=gundeals

XDM has suppressor sights, threaded barrel, optic ready, cerakote finish. Most important is springfield has lifetime warranty and also has all the parts you ever need in case your handgun breaks down.

What do you think?

I like the XDM elite option, but the pistol in your link in the plain XDM not the Elite.  The normal XDM is fine too, but the trigger is not as good as the Elite model and the elite does cost a bit more, about 650 or so.

Well, FWIW, kinda dig the Canik.  Depending on your application/use for the gun, if you are just gonna "game", it's gonna be hard to beat the Canik for dollar to dollar comparison.  The Canik trigger is VERY nice out of the box and have actually seen them already w/ red dot mounted for 700 and sometimes less.  And for about 150 bucks, you can upgrade a few parts (Feedomsmith trigger, guide rod/spring) on the Canik and it's a runner.  It'll boil down to personal preference-- I started out very long ago shooting an XD in production and rented one not long ago to see how they've changed-- good gun, still would buy the Canik at it's current price point.  

-Mike

2 hours ago, RJH said:

I like the XDM elite option, but the pistol in your link in the plain XDM not the Elite.  The normal XDM is fine too, but the trigger is not as good as the Elite model and the elite does cost a bit more, about 650 or so.

Everywhere I looked this Model # XDMT9459FHCOSP and UPC # 706397925734 indicates it's an elite version. Why is it not? Can you tell from the picture?

7 hours ago, Joe4d said:

Suppressor sights and threaded barrel meaningless to me. Both are optic ready and every poly gun made in last 40 years has some kinda corrosion resistant finish.
Anyway do like the elite frame and mag funnel. I have an older XDMosp and really like it. Messed with a Canik in a gun store. Felt like a rattle trap POS

Suppressor sights is crucial if you put a red dot.

dbb7ebf343ce83299117d50096bf54e5.jpg

1 hour ago, dfwmiket said:

Well, FWIW, kinda dig the Canik.  Depending on your application/use for the gun, if you are just gonna "game", it's gonna be hard to beat the Canik for dollar to dollar comparison.  The Canik trigger is VERY nice out of the box and have actually seen them already w/ red dot mounted for 700 and sometimes less.  And for about 150 bucks, you can upgrade a few parts (Feedomsmith trigger, guide rod/spring) on the Canik and it's a runner.  It'll boil down to personal preference-- I started out very long ago shooting an XD in production and rented one not long ago to see how they've changed-- good gun, still would buy the Canik at it's current price point.  

-Mike

I bought the Canik after watching so many youtubers pumping the damn thing. I forgot to look out for this though since I just got back to this hobby after a long hiatus. This is a crucial feature to have on the Canik but missing. The damn suppressor sights for the red dot system. See picture in the above post. Also this makes the gun looks super nice too.

Edited by tdo722

16 minutes ago, tdo722 said:

Everywhere I looked this Model # XDMT9459FHCOSP and UPC # 706397925734 indicates it's an elite version. Why is it not? Can you tell from the picture?

The picture is not an Elite because that gun doesn't have the Elite trigger.  Also I am pretty sure that the Elites don't come with 2 barrels like the old OSPs did, but I am not guaranteeing that

12 minutes ago, tdo722 said:

dbb7ebf343ce83299117d50096bf54e5.jpg

In USPSA, no one really cares about sights on their carry ops guns. I reckon that is why he don't care about them

20 minutes ago, tdo722 said:

I'd want some tall sights, or at least a front sight, if I didn't have a spare gun for the match. Otherwise it's just extra clutter in an already small window.

13 minutes ago, RJH said:

In USPSA, no one really cares about sights on their carry ops guns. I reckon that is why he don't care about them

Yes I agree on this. But it can be used as a backup for home defense when your battery is depleted. Also cosmetically, it looks great with the suppressor sights.

21 minutes ago, RJH said:

The picture is not an Elite because that gun doesn't have the Elite trigger.  Also I am pretty sure that the Elites don't come with 2 barrels like the old OSPs did, but I am not guaranteeing that

I think you are right. Here's a picture of the real ELITE model. I see the trigger is different and also the color of the cover for the milled OSP slot is different. That means 9/10 dealers online claiming ELITE is straight up scamming customers.

springfield-armory-xdmet9459fhcosp-pisto

Edited by tdo722

reddots are basically toys at this point. None are reliable.
This BUIS nonsense is just that. Nonsense to appease the tactical Timmy's with these gawdawful high gizmos.
If you dont trust the dot, get some decent irons. Otherwise you end up with a big mess of a confusing sight picture that is worthless and slow for both games and defensive use.

5 minutes ago, Joe4d said:

This BUIS nonsense is just that. Nonsense to appease the tactical Timmy's with these gawdawful high gizmos.
If you dont trust the dot, get some decent irons. Otherwise you end up with a big mess of a confusing sight picture that is worthless and slow for both games and defensive use.

I agree with this. And may have to steal it at a later date 🙂

12 minutes ago, Joe4d said:

I actually don't use red dot or iron sight. I usually use the striker indicator pin to aim and it is 10 times faster than using iron sight and at least 2-3 times faster than a red dot. I've been doing it since I bought the very first XDM. For some reason, I can't never get a good aim with the iron sight. I can aim with red dot once it is zeroed in but any joe can do that so it's a moot point to argue.

Edited by tdo722

I like the magwell,  and would like to see how the trigger compares to some of the drop in aftermarket. I wonder if the funnel will fit a regular XDM frame ? Id have to loose the tall sights though, unless I was using a suppressor. Seems like a giant snag waiting to happen.