Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Source or alternatives for 9mm 12-round mags (Para Hawg 9)?

matteekay

I managed to snag a Hawg 9 in really nice shape from the local gun shop and my (stupid) brain is telling me to get more mags and shoot it in IDPA BUG division. Unfortunately, the factory 12-rounders seem to be non-existent on the free market.

Are there any alternatives I can look at? Were there any other Paras that used this size of mag? There's one guy on eBay selling mags, but they're longer mags that are capped at 10 rounds with a grip sleeve added. Basically, the worst of all possible combinations.

Any help/leads are appreciated! 

• 2 weeks later...

I placed an order with Numrich. Like everyone else, they're backed up, but hopefully it will ship soon.

On a hunch, I ordered a 10-round RP9 magazine. It seats, feeds, and ejects, but is too short to run without the plastic extension/base:

50287407482_8f116a9bf1_b.jpg

I might trim down the base to sit flush with the bottom of the gun. I grabbed it used for $19 so I don't mind experimenting with it.

Looks like Numrich is going to come through but I went ahead and cut this down anyway. Quite honestly, I'd be perfectly happy using a set of these for competition (though the Hawg 9 mags are better overall as they sit flush and hold more).

The basepad is currently too long for BUG but will work in CCP. Obviously I can shorten it more if I want to.

50320452017_a8b2c5eab4_b.jpg