Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mr. Bullet Feeder (mini) where have you been all my life ??

ysrracer

This is with out a doubt the best accessory for a Dillon 550. It replaces the die in station 3, and drops a bullet on every stroke.

You can load up the magazine in advance with 100 bullets.

It's really a time saver !!

4 hours ago, Rustygun said:

How long have you had this little marvel of engineering and is it caliber specific.  Maybe a better question is di you have a link to the product?

I bought it a week ago, I should have bought it ten years ago. Set-up and adjustment was maybe five minutes.

I bought two extra magazines, and load them while I'm watching TV. The thru-put is so fast, I'm amazed when it's out of bullets already.

26 minutes ago, jschweg said:

I probably would have added one by now, but I've never had great luck with combined seat/crimp dies with coated bullets.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good point, I'm using plated bullets, Berry's/Xtreme.

I'll try it with Bayou and report back.

2 minutes ago, jschweg said:

If DAA ever comes out with their inexpensive 550 case feeder, I'll probably get that.

You mean one with a motor? Because this one was a 100 bucks.

Case feeder not bullet feeder. Its been delayed a bunch of times, but they are supposed to be coming out with a case feeder for the 550 in the 120ish price range that uses the preloaded tubes much like the mini bullet feeder

4 hours ago, jschweg said:

Case feeder not bullet feeder. Its been delayed a bunch of times, but they are supposed to be coming out with a case feeder for the 550 in the 120ish price range that uses the preloaded tubes much like the mini bullet feeder

Sorry, missed that part. My head is still spinning from how well the Mini bullet feeder works :)

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

@ysrracer don’t ever play with a 650/1050 with the motorized MrBulletFeeder. This setup is neat, but I made that mistake...

Immediately ordered a $400 MBF for the 650.

...A few months later, I had a 1050 with a bulletfeeder on it. ;) 

You say that likes it's a bad thing.

:)

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/5/2020 at 12:30 PM, MemphisMechanic said:

@ysrracer don’t ever play with a 650/1050 with the motorized MrBulletFeeder. This setup is neat, but I made that mistake...

Immediately ordered a $400 MBF for the 650.

...A few months later, I had a 1050 with a bulletfeeder on it. ;) 

Never try a 1050 with a bullet feeder and AmmoBot auto drive then.....

It's love when you have fully dialed MBF and autodrive with right amount of case mouth expand on every case. 

What I have learner

- With mixed range brass more expand is better than less(some very hardened cases, nontox)

- If bullet does not seat, it's usually a cracked case

- Toss almost all stackable plates out of MBF when using 9mm bullets

- Regularly check if bullet has slipped off from feeder plate to interfere with bullet rotation

- Use rubber band on bullet drop die

I also started with a mini on my 650.  I really liked the ease of use.  Turning the magazine after each stack of bullets gets old after a while.  Then...I got the MBF and life was good.  If you like the mini, then you'll love the MBF. 

4 hours ago, stick said:

I also started with a mini on my 650.  I really liked the ease of use.  Turning the magazine after each stack of bullets gets old after a while.  Then...I got the MBF and life was good.  If you like the mini, then you'll love the MBF. 

Same here. There were multiple times when I forgot to turn the magazine and end up dumping the case of powder into the bin.

I had since bought an MBF and had it rig to feed both 1100 and 650. 

Just need to sell the three magazine I had now.

Edited by George16

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2020 at 12:01 PM, jschweg said:

If DAA ever comes out with their inexpensive 550 case feeder, I'll probably get that.

I have the Dillon one for a 550. Worth every penny. Never have to take your hand off the handle.