Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Your club


rowdyb
 Share

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, SGT_Schultz said:

 

I'd give him one chance to decock.  If he refuses, I'll just change him to ESP on the tablet whether he likes it or not.

 

If he argues, DQ for violating Joyce's code of conduct.

Not My Club, I was a guest there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, SGT_Schultz said:

 

When I'm RO'ing a squad I don't care where I am.  I will enforce safety rules with an iron fist.

 

that isn't a safety rule, he put his safety on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One club I used to shoot at made the stages that the designer and MD could shoot.  You needed to be a contortionist to complete some of the stages.  That was the last time I shot there.

 

Follow the rules?  They did when it was a non club member but not for their club members.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BillChunn said:

Nice.....

 

BC

 

Then they wonder why no one goes to their matches.

 

They also use unqualified people to SO too and they don't know what they are doing.

Edited by RePete
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I stopped shooting IDPA for a few reasons.
1... crap suggestion book. NO EXCUSE for having verbs like should and may in a rule book

2. Even the crap suggestion book was not followed.

3. Majors favored local shooters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just looked over the stages for a local IDPA match this Saturday.

 

One of them requires that you engage a target array in tactical sequence.  A target engagement procedure that was deleted and outlawed four years ago.

 

SMH

 

Edited by SGT_Schultz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2021 at 10:13 PM, SGT_Schultz said:

I just looked over the stages for a local IDPA match this Saturday.

 

One of them requires that you engage a target array in tactical sequence.  A target engagement procedure that was deleted and outlawed four years ago.

 

SMH

 

I'm sure they meant Tactical Priority but just flubbed the description.

 

AD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ADulay said:

I'm sure they meant Tactical Priority but just flubbed the description.

 

AD

You might be right.  Someone must have pointed it out during the SO "walkthrough" because the description was corrected by the squad SO during stage briefing.

 

BTW, why does IDPA need an SO walkthrough of all the stages?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/19/2021 at 4:59 PM, SGT_Schultz said:

BTW, why does IDPA need an SO walkthrough of all the stages?

Probably to make sure everybody is on the same page when shooting the stage with regards to barriers, limits, etc.

 

Just like it explains in 3.3.1 of the rule book.

 

AD

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/20/2020 at 10:04 AM, rowdyb said:

How well does your club follow the current rule book? And how do you feel about if they do/don't?

DQ's are the only thing I have seen to get persnickety about, it took a while for folks at the two local idpa clubs to get consistent and get a bit hard nosed about calling them and one local uspsa club is less strict about calling them than I would wish.

I dq'd an 80 year old friend for muzzling himself bagging his unloaded and flagged gun at a steel challenge match a couple weeks back. No fun for anyone.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ADulay said:

Probably to make sure everybody is on the same page when shooting the stage with regards to barriers, limits, etc.

 

A proper, concise, and clear stage description fixes 90% of those issues.  The other 10% is going to require fixing the rulebook

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/22/2021 at 7:03 PM, SGT_Schultz said:

A proper, concise, and clear stage description fixes 90% of those issues.  The other 10% is going to require fixing the rulebook

I agree 100% 😀

 

AD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...

My club now runs a "style" match kinda sorta like IDPA.  

There are some inconsistencies even within the MD's homegrown rules and procedures.  You just have to apply Rule Zero.

 

We are not affiliated but the MD runs what he thinks is a USPSA rules match, but isn't.  At least he is consistent in what he sets up and how he calls it.

 

In my (pre Covid) theatre of operations, there are a couple of ranges that hold regulation IDPA and regulation USPSA.  No huhu.  

Another place had a homegrown IDPAish event with written rules.  It did not draw so they now have a regular USPSA and a practice match not distinguishable from USPSA.  

Still another operation started as IDPA but mutated as the MD and CSO tried to draw from LE rather than sportsmen.  It was doing pretty well getting cops some practice until the MD changed jobs and no longer had time to fool with it.    

Edited by Jim Watson
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

On 8/14/2021 at 1:27 PM, Jim Watson said:

 

Still another operation started as IDPA but mutated as the MD and CSO tried to draw from LE rather than sportsmen.  It was doing pretty well getting cops some practice until the MD changed jobs and no longer had time to fool with it.    

 

Collectively LE are the worst pistol shooters in the country.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2021 at 8:33 PM, SGT_Schultz said:

Collectively LE are the worst pistol shooters in the country.

 

 

I'm a MD for IDPA and USPSA matches and I cannot disagree with this assessment.

 

Doubling back to the original topic - my matches adhere very closely to the rulebook, as do most of the ones I attend. I think we happen to be lucky in our area with a number of experienced SO's and newer ones who are willing to look things up. The IDPA rulebook doesn't do MD's/stage designers/SO's many favors, though, as it's often ambiguous on rulings and requires interpretation... which is the opposite of what a rulebook should be.

Edited by matteekay
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...