Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI 45 eagle

22h2

You will just have to play with OAL and maybe recoil spring until you get it happy. I have a .45 Edge that is smooth as butter and runs thru the 200gr SWC like it's FMJ...

Mags may need to be fiddled with, but I didnt have to do anything with the MBX .45 mags at all.

Also have a Franken-"Eagle" .45 with an STI lower and Wilson upper that runs great too. 

I also have a .45 ACP 2011 "Frankenbuild". Actually, I think wgj3 has my old mags!

I run a 230gr round nose and I just couldn't get the MBX's to run consistently with my setup. I'm using Gen 1 STI 140 tubes with Dawson SNL +1 extensions and I get 14-15 reloadable. That's with Grams guts - I've been meaning to try the Dawson competition follower and see if I can squeeze one more in there.

If only someone would make 171.25's in 45 ACP...

I have a bone stock STI Eagle in 45 ACP and it runs lead 200 SWC's fine. I got new STI mags (had it for 10+ years so Gen 1 mags) with it and have used them with no issues, no tuning needed with mine.

I have a .45 Buzzard (Eagle copy out of a local shop.) It is a round nose only gun, probably because I had the builder use a plain barrel I had on hand instead of buying an integral ramp barrel like the factory STI.  

With that limitation, it shoots very well, although I think a .45 2011 has few applications.  I am loading .45 midrange (minor) and shooting it in IDPA ESP.  

2 minutes ago, bcane98 said:

I have the Eagle in 40... it was my first Major Gun for USPSA... I had no issues with it, shot anything I fed it, and now I have a couple shooters interested in buying... probably won’t sell it just yet though :) 

So it wasn't a .45, right?

• 2 weeks later...

I currently own an STI Eagle 45 acp that I recently purchased, but have not shot any semi wad cutters out of this gun.  Years ago I do own a Hard Chrome STI Eagle in 45 acp that I shot 200gr semi wad cutters that I purchased from Missouri Bullet Company.  I do not remember having any issues with shooting these bullets out of the STI Eagle, but I do remember that they made very big holes.

I found a an Eagle in 45acp and so far its been flawless shooting semi wad cutters,  a little over 500 rounds,  MBX mags 18 rounds,  I would like to have the grip modified with an undercut around the trigger guard. does anyone know when they stopped making the Eagle?