Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 slide doesn't go to the battery.

cheby

Occasionally, when I reload with a  fully loaded magazine, the first round from the new magazine doesn't go to the chamber completely. I'd fire the round in the chamber and then it happens. Sometimes I have to push the slide with my left hand  or it goes by itself with some delay.  It doesn't happen often but the last two occasions happened at the matches and annoyed me. The springs, both magazines and recoil, are newish. If the magazine is not fully loaded it doesn't happen. It happened with several magazines including mbx and svi with grams gutts.  Any idea? Something is dragging. Perhaps the gun/magazine was dirty. Perhaps the lips or?

3 hours ago, Dwbsig said:

What kind of ammo are you shooting?

Blue bullets.  I am pretty sure that FMJ would feed better in theory but I shot a lot of blue bullets for the last few years. Money talks

10 hours ago, cheby said:

Blue bullets.  I am pretty sure that FMJ would feed better in theory but I shot a lot of blue bullets for the last few years. Money talks

I just wondering if your ammo was on the weak side that could cause your problems.