Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safe Area rules

jeff40

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, fireman1776 said:

Noob question but is it a rule that you have to leave your firearm if you go to the bathroom? Is it against the rules to just keep it on your person? 

depends on what you're doing. if you're a dude, it's easy to pee without taking off your belt. Most dudes do that.

if you are a chick, or a dude who is not peeing, it gets more complicated. it is certainly possible to undo your belt and pull your pants down while leaving it attached to your pants and sit down and do your biz, but it makes more sense to me just stop by the safe table, bag the gun, and do my biz. I don't want to leave my gun unattended, and I don't want to drop my gun in a pool of blue poo goo, but maybe I am just being a pansy about the whole thing.

2 hours ago, fireman1776 said:

Noob question but is it a rule that you have to leave your firearm if you go to the bathroom? Is it against the rules to just keep it on your person? 

Too late to copy and paste but read 5.2.1  & 5.2.1.2  &  10.5.1

13 hours ago, motosapiens said:

depends on what you're doing. if you're a dude, it's easy to pee without taking off your belt. Most dudes do that.

if you are a chick, or a dude who is not peeing, it gets more complicated. it is certainly possible to undo your belt and pull your pants down while leaving it attached to your pants and sit down and do your biz, but it makes more sense to me just stop by the safe table, bag the gun, and do my biz. I don't want to leave my gun unattended, and I don't want to drop my gun in a pool of blue poo goo, but maybe I am just being a pansy about the whole thing.

A whole new version of "Dump"ster Diving!

14 hours ago, motosapiens said:

it is certainly possible to undo your belt and pull your pants down while leaving it attached to your pants and sit down and do your biz

So, as usual this conversation brings up a good point. There are at least 5 rules and one glossary item that may pertain to this. The way I see the rules I think it’s debatable. Though in the long run I doubt anybody would do it. 

6 hours ago, terrydoc said:

If it's #2 I usually remove my rig and place it on the floor in the cubicle or portaloo before any business takes place, gun stays holstered never had it fall out. 

In USPSA that is a DQ.

16 hours ago, terrydoc said:

If it's #2 I usually remove my rig and place it on the floor in the cubicle or portaloo before any business takes place, gun stays holstered never had it fall out. 

10 hours ago, Sarge said:

In USPSA that is a DQ.

who is going in the crapper to bust people for this?

16 hours ago, terrydoc said:

I would DQ you if I knew you put your rig on the floor of the shitter just on pricinpal. That's nasty. 

Edited by waktasz

1 hour ago, DirkD said:

who is going in the crapper to bust people for this?

So your take on the rules is it’s ok to cheat as long as nobody sees you? I just learned all I need to know about you.

33 minutes ago, DirkD said:

are you a peeper?

How are you going to know?

Probably because he would talk about it. If somebody I was ROING said they are going to take a dump and went in the porta pottie with gun belt on I would ask them how that worked? If he said I took my gun off then I would DQ him. 

3 minutes ago, Sarge said:

So your take on the rules is it’s ok to cheat as long as nobody sees you? I just learned all I need to know about you.

never said it is ok to cheat, how do you know what someone does in a shitter?

Are you the shitter police?

1 minute ago, Sarge said:

Probably because he would talk about it. If somebody I was ROING said they are going to take a dump and went in the porta pottie with gun belt on I would ask them how that worked? If he said I took my gun off then I would DQ him. 

why are you so concerned about what someone does in the shitter?

You ask someone what they did in the shitter it shows a lot about the type of person you are.

2 minutes ago, DirkD said:

never said it is ok to cheat, how do you know what someone does in a shitter?

Are you the shitter police?

If I’m an RO at a match I’m the everything police.