Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help me decide - Open Pistol - mill my Shadow 2 or buy a 2011?

Miggz55

I bought a Vr80, used my Shadow 2 CO gun and added a red dot to my rifle.  3gun open.

My 147 grain loads are so soft I am not sure a comp would help.

I had the CZC plate system installed as I like the option to change optic brands or have a rear sight.

I bought a Vr80, used my Shadow 2 CO gun and added a red dot to my rifle.  3gun open.

My 147 grain loads are so soft I am not sure a comp would help.

I had the CZC plate system installed as I like the option to change optic brands or have a rear sight.

This is what I think my plan is... did you need to drop slide weight for USPSA Carry Optics with your S2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I started out in Carry Optics with a TPSFX, moved to a Shadow with a DPP.  Purchased a Tactical Sport Orange added a CZ Optics Mount and moved into open minor with the TSO - built and shoot my own 2011’s today.

I would not go back to shooting a slide mounted dot.  I Started building my own 2011s.  My first one was built from EBay parts, I did a horrible job building it and did things that would make builds laugh at me.  In the end the gun runs factory 9mm ammo and it runs. 

There are many ways to go.  In my option the lowest cost would be to change the Shadow2 to single action only drill and tap the frame for an optic mount and thumb rest, install an optic and shoot fast.  Next step would be to purchase a threaded barrel and install a comp.  You will have a hard time finding a good open gun comp since the 1/2x28 thread size is not used on open guns.

Lots of 2011 lovers in the US.

Frame mount a dot, get a threaded barrel with a comp, add a magwell.

If trigger is right, it is just as competitive a platform.  The last IPSC world shoot had two CZ’s in the top 10, I believe (Not counting Tanfoglios).

Advanced Tactical sells small frame 170mm mags that should fit for 90 bucks.

• 2 weeks later...