Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carry optics pistol- which one

falconpilot

What’s the general thought on which pistol is best around for competing in carry optics class? I know there are lots of opinions, but there has got to be one general pistol that the top shooters are shooting...I’ll be coming from Open -I’m high A shooter..

What’s the general thought on which pistol is best around for competing in carry optics class? I know there are lots of opinions, but there has got to be one general pistol that the top shooters are shooting...I’ll be coming from Open -I’m high A shooter..

CZ and/or Tanfo line

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

top shooters are shooting what they are paid to shoot. It looks to me like there are several different guns that won't hold you back. I only dabble in CO, so I shoot an XDM i got for free, but if I take it seriously, it will probably be a sig legion or cz shadow2, for reasons of price, fit in my hand, reliability and local expertise and resources.

I haven't had the chance to handle several of the newer pistols like the new Sigs..- I did try a new CZ Shadow 2 for production couple years back and I found the grip was just a little too big for me. The SP-01 that I had fit my hands well, wish I'd kept it. Been shooting 2011 frame Open guns for years, but they've always felt too big, never fit my hands like a 1911 does, so hoping to find a one that will actually fit my hands. I've heard the Canik TP9SFX is a good gun and on the smaller size. I was temped to pick up a ZEV glock, but after reading the bad reviews going to pass on it. I have handled a Walther and it felt really big.

Thanks for the suggestions and thoughts.. 

That's interesting. My main (and only, really) complaint about the Walthers is that the grips are too short. They shoot well and the triggers can be made to be fantastic but the grip felt like shooting a Glock 19

I'm shooting a Canik TP9SFx in carry optics, and I think it's a great gun.  Minor mods will get you great reliability and the best striker trigger pull out there.  Magazine availability might be an issue.  You could do worse!

5 hours ago, Ben53 said:

I'm shooting a Canik TP9SFx in carry optics, and I think it's a great gun.  Minor mods will get you great reliability and the best striker trigger pull out there.  Magazine availability might be an issue.  You could do worse!

Ditto

But yeah, the top choices seem to be a Walther q5 variant, Sig 320 x5 legion, Shadow 2, Tangfo and Canik. Not sure why but of the Glock pistols I see far far more 17 and 19 in CO than the 34......

15 minutes ago, CClassForLife said:

It only matters if you're using H&K. I have yet to see someone dominate with one. I think the snob debuff lowers HF by 10%.

🤣. You’re right. Haven’t seen anyone shooting one. 

28 minutes ago, CClassForLife said:

It only matters if you're using H&K. I have yet to see someone dominate with one. I think the snob debuff lowers HF by 10%.

Clearly the gun is the most important part of the equation. Just look at all the top guys, they probably have a gun companies name on their shirt. That shows you just how important it really is. 

15 hours ago, rowdyb said:

But yeah, the top choices seem to be a Walther q5 variant, Sig 320 x5 legion, Shadow 2, Tangfo and Canik. Not sure why but of the Glock pistols I see far far more 17 and 19 in CO than the 34......

Interesting. I think I've seen surveys that show the top 3 guns in CO nationals are X5, S2 and G34. No mention of G17 or G19.

Edited by Flea