Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark 7 Titan? Anyone know of any shipping?

Anyone know of any updates on the new Mark 7 Titan presses?   They are still taking $1500 deposits but I can not see or find any updates as to the actual ship dates.  I have tried calling Mark 7 a few times and always goes to voicemail.   I called Lymen this morning and was directed to a unnamed voicemail box that just had a number.   I left my message so will see if I get a call back. 

I am empathetic to the current state of supply and work environments.   Their website continues to say "Shipping early of Q2".   We are in Q3 now so, either they have shipped a bunch already or they just are not maintaining their website.   I own a small custom product manufacturing business so I get it, but communication is #1 right now. 

I am ready to buy another automated press, I have two D1050s on Ammobots.  Not overly impressed with the D1100 (no new innovation) and now that Dillon owns AmmoBot, there has not been any supply of AmmoBot since May of this year. (I would like to buy another AB case extractor)  The Titan from Lymen/Mark 7 looks promising but perhaps this is just the wrong yr for it. 

Anyone know if the Mark 7 Titan is shipping?

2 hours ago, Hdiamond said:

I guess why are you specifically looking at the titan? I am asking because your other press/automation stuff you mentioned doesn’t seem directly comparable to the Titan. 

My two 1050s with AmmoBots with the Imortalbot sensors work.  I like the added stations of the Titan.  At $12,500 for the Titan with the main sensors needed it seems like the right direction.   I am interested in the Titan since its not directly comparable to what I have now.   No need for an AmmoLoad system.   

This was triggered by realizing that a dedicated case processing machine would help and speed up my reloading.   The CP1100 on an Ammobot would work, but no Ammobots available since May and no indication as to when if ever they will be.   SO I look what else is out there.   Looking at Mark7 I like the added stations and the factory solutions for integrated sensors and the new Titan machine looks like a winner for this.   

2 hours ago, helocat said:

My two 1050s with AmmoBots with the Imortalbot sensors work.  I like the added stations of the Titan.  At $12,500 for the Titan with the main sensors needed it seems like the right direction.   I am interested in the Titan since its not directly comparable to what I have now.   No need for an AmmoLoad system.   

This was triggered by realizing that a dedicated case processing machine would help and speed up my reloading.   The CP1100 on an Ammobot would work, but no Ammobots available since May and no indication as to when if ever they will be.   SO I look what else is out there.   Looking at Mark7 I like the added stations and the factory solutions for integrated sensors and the new Titan machine looks like a winner for this.   

I’d wait a year after it comes out to purchase unless you don’t mind alpha testing the press. 

3 minutes ago, Thetimb said:

They will take care of you and replace parts and work with you but it can be a PITA at times. 

The lack of communication to sell the product actually has me concerned as to how its supported.   Looks like the board here has the Evolution product figured out that may be the better way to go. 

1 minute ago, helocat said:

The lack of communication to sell the product actually has me concerned as to how its supported.   Looks like the board here has the Evolution product figured out that may be the better way to go. 

the evolution has definitely had 99% of the kinks worked out. I have a fully loaded one with a primer collator and it’s running really well now. 

20 minutes ago, Thetimb said:

I’d wait a year after it comes out to purchase unless you don’t mind alpha testing the press. 

IMHO, you don't want to be alpha- (or beta-) testing the press.  Trust me on this.  It can be a verrry long wait before the thing actually gets to working. 

12 minutes ago, Thetimb said:

the evolution has definitely had 99% of the kinks worked out. I have a fully loaded one with a primer collator and it’s running really well now. 

Out of the box or did the Evolution take a bunch of tweaking to get it running as you have it now?  The price on the Evolution is attractive over the Revolution, however I sure like the auto priming system the Revolution has.   The Evolution primer tubes, can I use my Dillon primer tube filler to drop primers into the Evolution system on the press? 

16 minutes ago, helocat said:

Out of the box or did the Evolution take a bunch of tweaking to get it running as you have it now?  The price on the Evolution is attractive over the Revolution, however I sure like the auto priming system the Revolution has.   The Evolution primer tubes, can I use my Dillon primer tube filler to drop primers into the Evolution system on the press? 

I was an early adopter and it took a long time to get my press working how it is and a lot of part swaps with mark7. The evolution has the same priming system as the revolution if you pay for it. I think it’s 2500 or so now. 

On 8/17/2020 at 6:53 PM, helocat said:

They are supposed to be coming out with a cheaper version for the Evo this year. Was supposed to come out this summer but I'm sure it was delayed like everything.

I was looking at picking one up this year when they came out but no with no primers I'm holding off on upgrading.

I was referring to just the primer system for 500 bucks to go onto the evo that they are coming out with. From the posts I've seen, you can save 500 if you get the Evo now without the primer system and can purchase the new one for around 500 when released.