Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 24 Limited Build

horhey232

So I am looking to finish my Glock 24 Limited Gun built off of a Gen 3 frame. So far I have a Glock full size Gen 3 frame stippled by Salient Arms, a Zev Full Fulcrum Trigger and an older Zev large brass magwell. I would like to find a OEM Glock 24 slide but the Spinta Precision 24 slide and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them. Probably going to slap a KKM barrel in it. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

11 hours ago, horhey232 said:

I would like to find a OEM Glock 24 slide but the Spinta Precision 24 slide and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them.

I personally have not used their slides but I recently returned my backup G24 back to stock dress, I have a SJC frame weight and couple of compatible holsters if thats something of interest for you.

I run a KKM barrel and have been very happy with it the past few seasons.

--BF

13 hours ago, deerslayer said:

Those slides are on sale for $169, worth a try IMO.  Good luck finding a loose OEM slide.  

It has been a nightmare. I have a friend that has one loose that doesn't shoot that much but doesn't want to let it go. I am just cautious because $169 seems VERY cheap in the grand scheme of things but then again 24 slides aren't very commonly known and I think USPSA is one of the only things keeping .40 S&W alive.

2 hours ago, Bfrisk72 said:

I personally have not used their slides but I recently returned my backup G24 back to stock dress, I have a SJC frame weight and couple of compatible holsters if thats something of interest for you.

I run a KKM barrel and have been very happy with it the past few seasons.

--BF

I was thinking about getting a DC Precision frame weight but I may go SJC to show a local guy some support (the shop is in GA where I am) 

I have KKM barrels in other guns and have run them in the past and are my go to barrel choice.

33 minutes ago, horhey232 said:

It has been a nightmare. I have a friend that has one loose that doesn't shoot that much but doesn't want to let it go. I am just cautious because $169 seems VERY cheap in the grand scheme of things but then again 24 slides aren't very commonly known and I think USPSA is one of the only things keeping .40 S&W alive.

I’ve never heard of the company and don’t know of anybody else making 24 slides, but the low price could mean they can’t give it away and don’t plan to make any more due to .40’s declining popularity.  

i guess the alternative is to just buy a 24.  There was one available locally for ~$600 recently, so they are still out there.  

1 minute ago, deerslayer said:

I’ve never heard of the company and don’t know of anybody else making 24 slides, but the low price could mean they can’t give it away and don’t plan to make any more due to .40’s declining popularity.  

i guess the alternative is to just buy a 24.  There was one available locally for ~$600 recently, so they are still out there.  

That is true. I guess $169 isn't that bad of a price to pay to find out. I am putting a KKM barrel in it so I guess that can transfer over to an OEM slide if this turns into a dumpster fire. 

There is a shop here in Georgia that has some for sale but for some reason the tag says LEO only and it is dirt cheap. Did Glock put 24 out for blue label or something?

No idea, I’ve never seen a blue label 24.  I rarely see any 24.  

i have a KKM in mine and am happy with it.  I don’t think it’s any more accurate than OEM, but the chamber is tighter than OEM and .40 in Glock OEM big-chamber barrels (especially gen 3 and earlier) seems to be problematic, so I got the KKM.  It was a drop-in, but didn’t fit, which I decided was a blessing in disguise.  A local guy fitted it (it didn’t take much) and it’s a shooter.  

8 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

No idea, I’ve never seen a blue label 24.  I rarely see any 24.  

i have a KKM in mine and am happy with it.  I don’t think it’s any more accurate than OEM, but the chamber is tighter than OEM and .40 in Glock OEM big-chamber barrels (especially gen 3 and earlier) seems to be problematic, so I got the KKM.  It was a drop-in, but didn’t fit, which I decided was a blessing in disguise.  A local guy fitted it (it didn’t take much) and it’s a shooter.  

I am thinking of sending the slide to MAC Defense to get cut so he can probably fit the slide. If not I have a buddy that is coming out to me that is a gunsmith that would be able to do that.

Glock has done runs of blue label 24s. You can purchase blue label Glocks if you become a GSSF member. They give you 1 certificate per year to purchase a blue label (need to sign up for 2 year or more membership to get first cert sent to you right away). If you've got a blue label 24 locally I'd have them put it on hold for you and then sign up for GSSF so you can buy it. Who knows when Glock will do another run of 24s.

I wouldn't bother with aftermarket barrel. OEM one works fine for me.

1 hour ago, Southpaw said:

Glock has done runs of blue label 24s. You can purchase blue label Glocks if you become a GSSF member. They give you 1 certificate per year to purchase a blue label (need to sign up for 2 year or more membership to get first cert sent to you right away). If you've got a blue label 24 locally I'd have them put it on hold for you and then sign up for GSSF so you can buy it. Who knows when Glock will do another run of 24s.

I wouldn't bother with aftermarket barrel. OEM one works fine for me.

Maybe it is a blue label gun that they have because they are a blue label dealer. I used my 1 certificate already lol.

If I buy a complete gun I will run an OEM barrel but if I get the Spinta slide I will just get a KKM barrel.