Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 2/Desert Classic accomodations

Thanks Eric, I found a motel list on the Rio Salado Sports Club on the Area 2 page, much better pricing.

I can't find the range on the maps, can anyone suggest a good area or street to find a motel, there are lots listed.

thanks P.D.

$119 is too much for a motel in that area. /quote]  Actually, $119 is not bad for this time of year in the Mesa/Phoenix area.  They're normal rates for off season are around $69 and on season is about $89 to $159 depending on the quality of the place.

I don't remember the names of the major cross streets

I just reserved at the Super 8 at 6733 E. Main because it's close to range. The woman on the phone seemed surprised, like it was unusual that somebody would call and make a reservation. I hope their usual customers aren't walk-ins paying by the hour.

Phil, the road up to the range is Ellsworth I believe.

Power Road is the one that goes to the range - anything East of Greenfield and North of Hwy 60 is close to the range.

Main street in the East part of Mesa and Apache Junction can be real spotty - Erik, I'd get the cross street, if it's East of Sossaman, I'd reconsider staying there.

I wish I could find a hotel to pay by the hour for the match! Last time I got in at 1 am to get up at 5 am and paid 79.- or so for that night, only to be interrogated by police until 2:30 am. Renting by the h would have been cheaper, and the people would probably have been just as nice...

--Detlef

maybe this belongs into the *Humor* section, but anyway... I made my reservation at the Super 8 on Main (Erik's recommendation) and although the lady really left the impression of never having had to handle a reservation, I figure it must be a pretty good hotel. They even offer several decor rooms, because when I asked about hourly rates she asked *Do you want Asian, Latino or White?*. I like white rooms, but I may have missed something.... :)

--Detlef

PS Rate is $49.95 per (entire) night, not bad at all.

when I asked about hourly rates she asked *Do you want Asian, Latino or White?*

You said, "Teutonic, bitte," right?

Now I'm convinced they don't get a lot of out of town travelers. (I bet we got the same confirmation number: "Marlene.")