Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 Wilson combat module

jpm2953

Currently shooting a X5 legion in carry optics and I can’t reach the mag release without a paddle mag release(not legal for IDPA) 

the WC grip modules are slightly smaller than the Sig modules and I think I can reach the mag release. 

are they legal for IDPA? 

Edited by jpm2953

In ESP yes. Now that Wilson has their own P320 variant I can't definitively say about SSP.

I had a Wilson one with the Armory Craft rods in it and I really really liked the ergos compared to the Legion grip. Just not as heavy so take your pick.

Edited by rowdyb

Is Wilson making these from scratch or are they cutting up a Sig part?

8.2.2.2 ESP Permitted Features and Modifications (Inclusive list):

B.  Grips may be changed provided they do not weigh more than 2.00 oz. more than the factory standard weight for

that model.

D.  Robar-style grip reduction.

If the former, you could argue B.  If the latter, surely D applies.

The WC grip module is an original piece, not a chopped up Sig piece as I understand their item description on their site. And even with the Armory Craft tungsten rod kit in it wasn't even close to the weight of the stock Legion tungsten grip, let alone 2 ounces more.

But man if it sure didn't feel better in hand.

23 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

The WC grip module is an original piece, not a chopped up Sig piece as I understand their item description on their site. And even with the Armory Craft tungsten rod kit in it wasn't even close to the weight of the stock Legion tungsten grip, let alone 2 ounces more.

But man if it sure didn't feel better in hand.

It looks like it’s perfect. If these wind up not being legal, I’ll order a small X-carry module. 
I emailed IDPA. We shall see what they say

1 hour ago, RePete said:

That’s the Wilson Combat pistol that’s been approved.  I’m only wanting the grip module. 

the pistol is approved in USPSA but they have said the Grip module is illegal. Makes no sense.