Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which one to take? DW vs Tanfo

Liontracks

I don't own a DW but do have Tanfo in 10mm. If you're looking to squeeze out a bit more velocity for hunting , I'm thinking the 6" long slide DW may be better than the Tanfo 4 3/4" barrel. 

Edited by gnappi

The Tanfoglio is a great gun but....if you’re gonna put any serious amount of 10mm thru your chosen pistol, DW hands down, all day, every day. The 1911 has proven time and again that it’s more than up to the stress of the 10mm cartridge over the long haul. 

What do you want it for?

I carry a 1911 10mm during archery hunts in grizzly/ wolf country. I don’t love it compared to all my cz75 based pistols, but I don’t hate it enough to switch.

If I had it to do over, I would probably go with the Witness Polymer Full Size... 13 round magazine, reasonably impervious to weather, and inexpensive enough to not mind the inevitable bumps and dings associated with elk hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure Witness has a long slide "hunter" in 10mm.  Also barrels are more plug and play with a Witness vs 1911's which tend to be oversized and require fitting. Youu could probably get a 40 barrel for the witness for cheaper range use.