Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ75B magazine in Archon Type B?

fp627

Are the current Archon Type B pistols compatible with standard or MecGar 75B magazines?

I've seen a few reports (<3) on different forums saying yes but nothing definitive and it wasn't very clear from the poster if they actually owned a Type B / tried it themselves. Or if reliable meant untuned 2011 magazines in an untuned 2011 reliable or factory Glock magazines in a factory Glock using FMJ ammo reliable (let's be serious - I suspect everyone who has one has it as a range toy... and there is a lot of variation in what is considered "reliable" for a range toy).

I just tried some mags to see if they would lock in and hand cycle rounds.

Small frame Witness mags?  NO

CZ75 mags?  NO

Grand Power XCalibur/K100/Q100 mags?  Yes, but they sat proud of the magwell like a G17 mag in a G19.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Just did a little quick test (non scientific). The CZ SP-01 magazines (plastic basepads) do not lock into the mag release. However, the Mecgar CZ75 mags that I have right now were able to lock into the mag release, chamber a round, eject said round, and lock the slide to the rear. YMMV.

Edited by touji

• 1 month later...

Following up on this in particular, shot 4-5 mags with a Mecgar CZ75 mag (17 rounder) and had no feeding issues other than on rounds that were a little too long for the barrel.