Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kydex ELS to DAA belt adapter

I've had a few requests to share how I got ELS clips on my DAA belt so I figured it was time to post this.  Essentially there was a little trial and error but the below pictures show the final product that worked for me.

To make these clips, I used a board I had that I cut to the same rough dimensions as my DAA belt. From there I would heat an edge of the kydex and bend it around the board using another board to hold it down ( I can upload some pictures of that if people want). I made sure the board left the clip tight enough not to slide around when on the belt. I primarily used these clips for my shotgun caddies so I could offload when not about to shoot. I used these all last season and a experienced no movement and they worked very well.

The clip essentially needs 2 screws to hold the ELS bracket to the clip and 1 screw to hold the clip on the bracket. Having the one screw to hold the clip on allows easy removal without sliding everything off the belt. 

I feel like the pictures mostly speak for themselves but I'll answer any questions people have. Writing anything too in depth sucks on a phone.

IMG_20200808_161458097_34.jpg

IMG_20200808_161429427_34.jpg

IMG_20200808_161422061_34.jpg

5 hours ago, stick said:

Very nice idea.  Why not just use a ELS belt?

You're probably going to get a few people asking you to make them for them.

So last year I was looking for a cheap way to turn my USPSA belt into a 3 gun belt and be able to switch back and forth and this was that easy way. I ended up with an els belt for this season but haven't had a chance to make a match yet with the reduction is people at matches.

I do think the DAA belt is a lot stiffer than the ELS belt so im not sure which one I will stick with. I always figured if I ended up with an els belt than I would just be out a few pieces of kydex as I could still use the clips.

7 hours ago, Intheshaw1 said:

So last year I was looking for a cheap way to turn my USPSA belt into a 3 gun belt and be able to switch back and forth and this was that easy way. I ended up with an els belt for this season but haven't had a chance to make a match yet with the reduction is people at matches.

I do think the DAA belt is a lot stiffer than the ELS belt so im not sure which one I will stick with. I always figured if I ended up with an els belt than I would just be out a few pieces of kydex as I could still use the clips.

They look great