Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lok grips for my CZ's

mpeltier

What are you trying to view them on a flip phone?

Just kidding, eh. Not sure how to make them bigger without getting bigger than the anemic 1.95MB max this forum supports.

Edited by mpeltier

I have the Lok grip palm swell bogies for my CZ.  Hated the upper bump -- it's exactly in the way of doing anything (pulling the trigger, reloading) once you have a proper high grip.  This portion:

cz-palmswell-4__98801.1462406674.thumb.jpg.d9e79fa71c12222d3144ae6b6b1eec6f.jpg

So, 5 minutes with some files to get rid of those upper bumps and now they're perfect for me.  Love the texture and the size.  

Previously I had the thick Double Alpha grips.  They're well-made, but no grip compared to the VZ Diamondbacks or the Lok grips.  The vertical lines down the back edge seemed to be exactly the wrong orientation to help fighting recoil.    

I received a palm swell bogies for my Shadow 2 this month from Lok Grips. I believe the ones for S2 now doesn't have that bump on the top anymore by default. I also asked them to make the grips taller on the top, and they did it for free. With the taller top, my weak hand can rest on it and have something to "grip" on.

Until I read this thread, I had no idea that Lok grips offered any significant customization.   The web page where I placed my order (https://lokgrips.com/gun-grips/cz-75/palm-swell/bogies/black-g10/) just says their idea of customization is a grip liner (the orange line visible above in mpeltier's post, I think) .  There's simply no hint on that page that they do the kind of work we see in this thread.

Being a lefty, I asked them if they could switch the thumb relief to the right-side grip for me, and they kindly agreed, and at no charge.  I thought that was pushing the envelope  If I had known I could have grips that made me look like I robbed Liberace, like superkaratemonkeyfighter, well, lets not even go there...  ;)

4 hours ago, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

Adding to my plethora of lokgrips !

Idk ,  these might be the sexiest though !!

769B7E71-D26E-4EEC-8459-02B20CEA8DD2.jpeg

wow, can you say bling?

how's the grip-y-ness compared to the bogies? i really like the bogies since i have super sweaty palms and the bogies are sharp. i developed callouses in the right places after 2 weeks of using them. i also found the G10 material doesn't heat up as hot as the OEM metal grips under a hot sun.

Those gold grips aint really my style. If I had a gold tooth, maybe. Lol

The grip texture was something I went back and forth on. My first thought was the Bogies. I have some Hogue G10's with a similar texture called Pirhana I think. I really do like those also. But the front and rear backstrap checkering sparked my interest in checkered grips. I am very pleased with how the checkering feels and looks. It is a similar feel to aggressive grip tape. A little finer than the pistols checkering, and it really allows the inlay to stand out well defined. They feel superb in the hand. The only pistol I have owned that felt as good in the hand as these was a SIG P226 X5 L1 that had the Nill grips on it.

• 4 months later...

I have the brass palm swell on my SP01 and love love love them for the added weight, girth, and grip texture. They make a matching brass mag catch paddle now too. Wish the brass came in black but it is ok. They start to age/weather quickly. 

My next set will have some customization now that I know they can do that.