Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beaver tail

kuletchi1

I had pretty good luck with two Ed Brown Fully Machined Memory Groove Beavertail Grip Safety's on my 2011 builds. You may have some blending to do and filing on the tab but it seemed as close to 'drop-in' as you'll get.
Trying to shy away from doing any work, just drop in

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Having fit Ed Brown so called drop-in parts on a friends SA RO, I can tell you there WILL definitely be fitting and blending required.

Your best bet is this one.  https://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/safety-parts/safeties/1911-beavertail-high-grip-safety-prod12750.aspx  You will definitely have to fit the trigger block arm.  I don't know about blending.  You have very limited choices because you need a .220" radius.

On 8/13/2020 at 3:09 PM, kuletchi1 said:

Trying to shy away from doing any work, just drop in

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I doubt you will find a Drop In grip safety,  some fitting/finish work will be required.

Edited by NoSteel

A lot of EB stuff has changed over the years, and not for the better.  EGW make one specific for the .220 cut on Springfield.  It's much better quality than the others on the market and shouldn't require any fitting on the radius.  You'll have to fit the arm to clear the trigger bar as you would with any other.

As I recall, Wilson Combat used to offer a “drop in” beavertail. Yep...here it is:

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Drop-In-Grip-Safeties/products/38/

Not what I’d consider ideal, but another option. Also, in addition to the above mentioned EGW part (always top notch) Wilson also offers a .220 radius beavertail as well on the WC website. In fact, when SPringfield used to offer a wide variety of custom services, they had an option to upgrade the beavertail to the Wilson Combat versions. 

Hope this helps give give more options.