Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark 7 powder measure vs....

I need an additional case activated powder measure for my Evo (pistol). I have one on order from mark 7 but their lead time is pretty long (weeks).  Is the Hornady, or Dillon just as. Good or better????  I've heard mixxed reviews

IV commented one this multiple times and every time I say I love my Hornady and continue to use it on Dillon actually. Very very consistent. As IV used my Dillon powder measure on my 1050 it has broken in and become fairly accurate, but the Hornady is still much more consistent. One other thing I like about the Hornady is that you can an insert that flares the case in a different station and to my knowledge the Dillon doesn’t have that option? But I also haven’t researched it. But imo it’s easier to set the powder measure when you don’t have to worry about it flaring the case at the same time. IV never had my Hornady not drop powder, but when I was first using the Dillon I didn’t have adjusted down far enough and apparently wasn’t getting a full stroke of the powder bar and had it not drop powder a couple of times, which I thankfully caught. Adjusted the die down further and haven’t had that problem again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
On 8/13/2020 at 2:22 AM, mioduz said:

I need an additional case activated powder measure for my Evo (pistol). I have one on order from mark 7 but their lead time is pretty long (weeks).  Is the Hornady, or Dillon just as. Good or better????  I've heard mixxed reviews

I use this one. Basically a Dillon but CNC machined with tight tolerances and very precise.

https://xrayparts.it/en/measuring-equipment/2311-powder-dropper-mk2-x-ray-parts.html

6 hours ago, Derrick67 said:

I use this one. Basically a Dillon but CNC machined with tight tolerances and very precise.

https://xrayparts.it/en/measuring-equipment/2311-powder-dropper-mk2-x-ray-parts.html

Damn, that looks pretty nice! Never seen that one before. Is there no failsafe rod/ assembly needed on that, or is it somehow self contained?