Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Difference in bullets?

gerritm

You’ll have a slightly different load by a couple tenths of a grain of powder, and will likely get less smoke from the FMJs but otherwise there shouldnt be a difference.

Only reason not to shoot them would be if you were saving them for the other load or have an open gun and want to keep your comp cleaner. Might help keep your PCC comp cleaner too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only reason not to, that I can think of, is to not mess with something good. But giving them a try doesn't mean you have to ditch your current load, so I say, give them a go. I mean, best case scenario, you get a load that's at least same enough in feel,etc. to what you use now, that you can use one till those bullets are gone, then the the others too in matches. Or two options for bullets, in case you can't get one of them.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, looking4reloadingdeals said:

You’ll have a slightly different load by a couple tenths of a grain of powder, and will likely get less smoke from the FMJs but otherwise there shouldnt be a difference.

Only reason not to shoot them would be if you were saving them for the other load or have an open gun and want to keep your comp cleaner. Might help keep your PCC comp cleaner too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, nope open gun now is 9mm. Amazing what you find when you dig through your reloading stuff. PCC is a JP barrel and pretty much shoots anything and not worried about the PF. I have plenty of bullets for the open gun and very happy with the load so PCC it is.

gerritm

Edited by gerritm