Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ SP01 Production

horhey232

11 hours ago, IF788 said:

a huge issue for me personally with non shadows, is roll pins.  the firing pin block, firing pin etc is held in by a roll pin which to me is the devil and a major cause for failure, puts a massive headache in home modding.  shadows taking the firing pin out is a 10 second job.  in non shadows its about 30-60 minutes depending how many roll pins you smash to bits while cussing and crawling on the floor trying to find the ones you drop.  I hate hate hate roll pins!

Never heard of anyone having issues like that with roll pins in CZ's or Tanfo's, personally I have never dropped one that I can remember I always have my hand right there for the last couple taps and often don't tap them fully out (agree that starting one can be a little bit fiddly). I've also never damaged one to the point where it could not be re-used (do keep spares around anyway, I like not needing to worry about the small and cheap stuff). 

Not being a turd here but if the pins cause fear and loathing and take a notable amount of time then you are doing something wrong (might help to buy roll pin starter punches/punchs if you do not have any). 

11 hours ago, IF788 said:

in my experience the trigger will be harder to tune compared to shadow because you fight more parts with the firing pin block.  it takes force and travel to make that work and shadows simple don't have that in the way. 

Measurements from a CGW tuned SP01 not too shabby :) . 

https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=61974.msg409657

I assume everyone who tinkers has read this thread, just in case. 

Edited by IHAVEGAS

6 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Never heard of anyone having issues like that with roll pins in CZ's or Tanfo's, personally I have never dropped one that I can remember I always have my hand right there for the last couple taps and often don't tap them fully out (agree that starting one can be a little bit fiddly). I've also never damaged one to the point where it could not be re-used (do keep spares around anyway, I like not needing to worry about the small and cheap stuff). 

Not being a turd here but if the pins cause fear and loathing and take a notable amount of time then you are doing something wrong (might help to buy roll pin starter punches/punchs if you do not have any). 

I disagree on the roll pin.  I use an extended firing pin for shooting with a low power spring but with the cool fire training barrel I use a standard firing pin with a strong/standard spring.  I change springs and firing pins therefore twice a week and it is a 30s job for the non roll pin shadow.  Taking the pin out twice a week for a “non-shadow” is too much of a pain for me even with the upgraded pin and a roll pin punch.  Same for the solid trigger pin which is worth the $13 to save me the aggravation of needing 3 hands to change the TRS.  

47 minutes ago, KlausN said:

I disagree on the roll pin.  I use an extended firing pin for shooting with a low power spring but with the cool fire training barrel I use a standard firing pin with a strong/standard spring.  I change springs and firing pins therefore twice a week and it is a 30s job for the non roll pin shadow.  Taking the pin out twice a week for a “non-shadow” is too much of a pain for me even with the upgraded pin and a roll pin punch.  Same for the solid trigger pin which is worth the $13 to save me the aggravation of needing 3 hands to change the TRS.  

Maybe it is just me. I had the solid trigger pin for a while and went back to original because I disliked the wobble more than the trouble of changing the trs. 

1 hour ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Maybe it is just me. I had the solid trigger pin for a while and went back to original because I disliked the wobble more than the trouble of changing the trs. 

Are you referring to Tanfoglio or CZ regarding the wobble?  My Limited Tanfo has some play but all of my SP01s have no wobble at all. 

• 3 months later...