Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gen 5, .40 cal

That's interesting.  I thought the .40 cal was the reason Glock ended up adding the locking block pin to strengthen their frames.  Now they will come full circle and produce a .40 cal pistol with the 2 pin frame.  I sure hope this doesn't end up causing problems with the frame not being strong enough to adequately support the cartridge.  I'm planning to pick up a gen5 G34 at some point in the near future, but I doubt I'll get a .40 since I rarely ever shoot the caliber anymore.  I bet a gen5 35 mos model will revitalize that model.

Thanks for the update.

25 minutes ago, ima45dv8 said:

That's a pretty good find, Scott.

Was it by any chance a Blue Label gun?

Negative, 2 magazines with it, but I like the finish, not that shiny frying pan coating, closer to that old flat black phosphate look.

Was at my lgs today looking for a pistol for my wife. Said the wait list on a blue label g19 is something around a year, give or take as the guns come in little by little and the list is huge. Probably end up trying to get a 43x or a 48 before that.

Would be interested in a g35 gen 5 for sure when they come in stock. I love my gen 5 34.

On 8/12/2020 at 6:13 AM, Cuz said:

That's interesting.  I thought the .40 cal was the reason Glock ended up adding the locking block pin to strengthen their frames.  Now they will come full circle and produce a .40 cal pistol with the 2 pin frame.  I sure hope this doesn't end up causing problems with the frame not being strong enough to adequately support the cartridge.  I'm planning to pick up a gen5 G34 at some point in the near future, but I doubt I'll get a .40 since I rarely ever shoot the caliber anymore.  I bet a gen5 35 mos model will revitalize that model.

Thanks for the update.

The Brazilian Police have been running these Gen 5 .40 Glocks hard for more than 2 years.