Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MY WIFE PASSED AWAY UNEXPECTANTLY MARCH 24, 2020

colt22man

Following hip replacement surgery. Blood clot lodged in the left side of her brain.

She was active and athletic. Rode horses. Walked our dog.   

Married 39 years 11 month's.

My life has been turned upside down. Still attempting to find my new normal.

I will never be the person I was with her by my side.

I'm blessed to have had her in my life. I expected many, many more years of her being

by my side. The pain, grief and heart break is 100 times worse than I could imagine.

I've managed to pull myself together although every day is difficult.

12 minutes ago, colt22man said:

Following hip replacement surgery. Blood clot lodged in the left side of her brain.

She was active and athletic. Rode horses. Walked our dog.   

Married 39 years 11 month's.

My life has been turned upside down. Still attempting to find my new normal.

I will never be the person I was with her by my side.

I'm blessed to have had her in my life. I expected many, many more years of her being

by my side. The pain, grief and heart break is 100 times worse than I could imagine.

I've managed to pull myself together although every day is difficult.

We're here for you if you ever need anything from the Ohio boys. So sorry for your loss

Life is so unpredictable and is not guaranteed. Everything has a purpose in life. As a believer of God, my hope is for you to find peace and comfort in the words of the Lord. She's in a better place now. Peace be with you and your family

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

We are each given a measure of life. Not everyone gets the same amount. So the key is not the length of the life but the breadth. Sounds like she LIVED her life instead of just watching it pass by. But your memories will always bring her back. Don't be sad that she's gone. We all go. Be happy that she shared her life with you.

• 1 month later...

Colt, so very sorry to hear about this.  You have my most sincere condolences.

If I may share a similar story.  About 6 years ago, my ex-wife (who I was still close to) passed away after elective hip replacement surgery.  She went into renal failure and then had two GI bleeds post-op.  The medical staff was unable to save her after the 2nd one.  My (and her) son were devastated.  The passage of time has helped heal those wounds somewhat.  I'll bet she's looking down on you right now, ready with a big right boot.😇