Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fiber Optic Sights for a Steel Tanfo

Pippu_Paladin

I'd like to put fiber optic front and rear sights on my Witness steel which breaks down into two issues: getting the front sight milled and finding a rear sight that will fit. Tooltech will drill out the front sight for me but it's part of installing night sights and I'd rather have fiber optics, I think, so is there someone who'll mill and install fiber optic sights?

Second, Fusion Firearms sells rear sights they say fit Witnesses which I was previously unaware of since years ago when I looked into this on the CZ forums was a guy who put the rear sight for an Egyptian pistol on his Witness fitting it with a black sheet material. So I'm wondering if there is a fiber optic rear that may fit right out of the box that easy?

Yeah same here in south Florida. Many 1911 and Glock part changers that have never been in the same room with a mill or lathe. 

Does your Tanfo have a front sight cast in the metal or a groove with a setscrew?

19 hours ago, gnappi said:

Yeah same here in south Florida. Many 1911 and Glock part changers that have never been in the same room with a mill or lathe. 

Does your Tanfo have a front sight cast in the metal or a groove with a setscrew?

It's a "steel" model so I think it's integral to the slide. Model 999220

• 2 weeks later...