Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pmm ultra/compact slide on x5 grip

m700

I finally got my stuff together to build this. I got norsso compact slide, Pmm ultrabarrel/comp, recoil reduction, stock slide components, and Dom recoil reduction guide rod/springs.

I got it all together and I can't attach the slide to the frame. I have it pulled back as far as possible in this picture. What should I look for in fixing this?9e3cc109dd43d2b135845db36cb62db0.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, a_whole_lot_of_freedom said:

Make sure that the guide rod isn't off center where it makes contact with the barrel. If it is even the slightest bit off it will do that.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

^This

Thank you for your reply. The Dpm guide rod is circular with 2 flat sides. I had assumed flats were to be top and bottom.ill play around tonight.

I believe it's the opposite

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

That was it. Thank you. Now I gotta get to the range and see if it works

Just silicone carbided grip yesterday and will find out if it shoots tommorow morning. I want to start a new build soon. And I'm loving the x5 platform, at my level of shooting it's 95% as good as a custom 2011 at 1/4the price. Not sure what direction I would go. I have this one and a legion with GG trigger only.

it definitely shoots. I brought my standards 115s with minimum load. both my legion and x5 shot those with reduced spring weight. I also shot some mid range loads and max loads. The gun started out not liking my loads but after 100 rounds of the maxs it started running the minimum load just fine. I think I will dial them up just a little to increase reliability. but its nice to know I can run max power almost as quick as minimum.

Setup like this I feel like im shooting a laser gun dot is always on target, it barely climbs and in the SRO its easy to find for first round.

Sweet looking blaster! That PMM system is sweet - seems everyone loves theirs. I've read mixed reviews of reliability though. They don't seem to eat anything like stock but once you find the right load they seem to run great. Once I get my ported X-five barrel back I'd love to compare with a PMM system.