Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ TS hammer issue after Cerakote

EricLovesCZ

My TS has CZC wide low hammer and steel target trigger. I appiled Cerakote on both frame and hammer.

When I pull the slide back, the hammer cannot set the trigger correctly.

I have to manually pull the hammer to set the trigger correctly.

After a closer look, I find the disconnector position is not correct.

If I manually pull the hammer back, the disconnector moves a little bit up and problem solved.

I can also manually lift the disconnector up to solve this problem without pulling the hammer.

Before cerakote, there is no problem at all.

Please advise where shall I polish off the cerakote.

Thanks!

Here's my 2¢.  All coatings add thickness to the part.  Original fit determines how much thickness can be added without interference to operation.   My guess based on your description of the problem is the Cerakote is interfering with the disconnector and binding it up slightly.  I would start by cleaning the surfaces the disconnector rubs against on the inside of the hammer.  Also, smooth the hammer edges where the disconnection comes out of the hammer.  Hope that makes sense.

The TS does not have a disconnector, so not sure what part you are talking about, maybe the sear or trigger bar? I would guess the coating on the hammer hooks is possibly to thick and causing the issue.

Another issue could possibly be the trigger isn’t fully resetting so the trigger bar is not getting into the correct position to allow it to reset, if that’s the case it’s probably the pre travel screw on the trigger that needs to be adjusted. 

Edited by mveto

8 minutes ago, mveto said:

The TS does not have a disconnector, so not sure what part you are talking about, maybe the sear or trigger bar? 

every semi auto handgun have disconector . the part u think is the trigger bar is the  TS  disco.😉

1 hour ago, GeneBray said:

.  I would start by cleaning the surfaces the disconnector rubs against on the inside of the hammer.  Also, smooth the hammer edges where the disconnection comes out of the hammer.  Hope that makes sense.

in this gun disco activate sear and don't have any contact with hammer.😉

3 hours ago, GeneBray said:

Here's my 2¢.  All coatings add thickness to the part.  Original fit determines how much thickness can be added without interference to operation.   My guess based on your description of the problem is the Cerakote is interfering with the disconnector and binding it up slightly.  I would start by cleaning the surfaces the disconnector rubs against on the inside of the hammer.  Also, smooth the hammer edges where the disconnection comes out of the hammer.  Hope that makes sense.

Sorry, looked at DA/SA 75 not the 75 TS.  The parts diagram I just looked for at for the  75 TS doesn't list a disconnector as one of the parts.  Don't know if the parts diagram is wrong or there is not a disconnector in the conventional sense that I am accustomed to.  Maybe something else by a different name does two functions one of which is to act like a disconnector.

So my 2¢ was as worthless as 2¢ really is.  Sorry to not have hit the mark or at least have been closer than the next continent.