Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock spare parts to keep on hand - what to buy and where to buy?

OnnaBugeisha

Keeping my Glocks stock for GSSF purposes so I need to stick with OEM parts.  Two questions:

1. What parts do people typically keep on hand?  (Springs? Firing pins? Extractors? Something else?) 

2. Where's the best place to buy OEM parts?  

THANKS!

I’d say springs are the most common wear item plus the recoil spring assembly.  The nice thing about Glocks is that most of the small parts are relatively cheap so why not have a stash.  MidwayUSA is a good place to pick up parts, especially when they have free shipping or during your birthday discount.  But most major gun retailers carry some amount of Glock parts in addition to the Glock specialty stores.

5 hours ago, Edwards30 said:

Oh and I keep a spare fiber rod incase mine breaks during a match.

Have you shot without a FO rod? I haven't. There should be white light but I haven't checked it out.

2 minutes ago, lgh said:

Have you shot without a FO rod? I haven't. There should be white light but I haven't checked it out.

I have not actually shot without a FO rod but I have looked down my sights while changing out rods and they certainly still seem useable without a rod in there.

I've never had a problem with blacked-out sights before so they are pretty similar without a FO.

3 hours ago, lgh said:

I have and no white for my eye, it was better than no sights, but not by much. I check my fiber before ever match, just look to see if is starting to wiggle.

I've stuck with Gen3 models over the years, so the parts buildup and interchangability helps with spare parts.  So the small tacklebox of springs, pins, trigger bars, sights, plungers, strikers, etc are there if I need them.  But a good once over the night before the match to check/catch any major boogers before they become issues and I shouldnt be making a trips to parts bin day of the match.

--BF

On 8/7/2020 at 8:01 PM, lefty o said:

a complete second glock.

This.  While I kept the usual spare parts in my range back, when I shot production, and even now shooting carry optics, I always bring a backup gun.  Glocks are like potato chips, can't stop at one.