Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open gun compensator rotating

rr4406pak

On 11/24/2020 at 5:16 PM, AcePrater said:

Tried a couple more mags this past weekend. Comp spun more out of time. took it back to the smith. will add another set screw and see how that rolls.

Made my first pistol grip with local walnut. looks like a beaver chewed it for now, but feels ohh so right in the hand.

Set screws really don’t work well.  When I use a set screw, I also use a big automatic center punch where I want the screw to stay.  May also want to try some Hot Lock, which is a relatively new 1600 degree glue.

Pin is the way to go though.

I might just do that. I don't plan on running this a lot so I may just build another upper for minor with no comp. That would allow me to weld the f*#ker on ot whatever. 

I'm gonna float the idea of a roll pin on the bottom of the comp, vs just a set screw. Or maybe 3 more set screws... we shall see...

I totally dig your builds on the other forum where I'm newageroman...

1 hour ago, AcePrater said:

I might just do that. I don't plan on running this a lot so I may just build another upper for minor with no comp. That would allow me to weld the f*#ker on ot whatever. 

I'm gonna float the idea of a roll pin on the bottom of the comp, vs just a set screw. Or maybe 3 more set screws... we shall see...

I totally dig your builds on the other forum where I'm newageroman...

Try not to let the pin  pass through the center of the barrel  to the other side.😉