Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Probably, depends on what you have to work with. The stages built indoors with bullet traps are real stuff. If you have just one wall for 2D stages...

I would say yes to a whole match like that but only if a person knew ahead of time that was the set up. I would not be pleasantly surprised showing up to any match that was entirely one "gimmick" if I didn't know it ahead of time.

An entire mini match...No thanks.  I did shoot a outdoor 2 gun match where the rifle was a 1/2 size target due to the limitations on the range size.  In my opinion, mini or reduced size could work, but scoring should be adjusted.  Bigger holes in smaller targets skews the scoring system.

1 hour ago, shred said:

Plus they extra-reward Major scoring,  as if it didn't already have enough of an advantage.

Having never shot at one, this hadn’t occured to me.

It absolutely makes sense that it’s an advantage not to have to hunt down tiny A-zones as carefully. 

I built a stage or two w them at CASA for an outdoor match. Getting them on stands is extra work and they got shot up terribly. 

I bought 50 of them 2.5 years ago and still have 20 of them...

17 hours ago, rowdyb said:

I built a stage or two w them at CASA for an outdoor match. Getting them on stands is extra work and they got shot up terribly. 

I bought 50 of them 2.5 years ago and still have 20 of them...

We shot an entire outdoor PCC hoser match with these. Sucked, got shot up really fast hard to hang, hard to score, and no one knew that was going to be the targets. Wasn't too bad for PCC, but would be tough on iron sight shooters. Ok to mix a few in for fun only.

gerritm

5 hours ago, gerritm said:

We shot an entire outdoor PCC hoser match with these. Sucked, got shot up really fast hard to hang, hard to score, and no one knew that was going to be the targets. Wasn't too bad for PCC, but would be tough on iron sight shooters. Ok to mix a few in for fun only.

gerritm

yuck. and i thought i disliked the pcc match at a59 that was just on the cut down targets that were shoulders and up only.