Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 to TSO

Coastalshooter

I think they're different guns for different divs. Seen a lot of dudes talking about S2 open guns though. Would be nice seeing more CZs break into the other divs.

I know the S2 is gonna become a lot more popular in CO the next few years. 

I think they're different guns for different divs. Seen a lot of dudes talking about S2 open guns though. Would be nice seeing more CZs break into the other divs.

I know the S2 is gonna become a lot more popular in CO the next few years. 

No they’re not. 2011 and the TSO (tactical sports orange) are both single action only double stacks. Both are definitely USPSA limited or open divisions.

There are differences, but either can be competitive. I prefer CZ because I find the easier to make run without tinkering and tuning and a slightly better price point, but I’m not really qualified to say one is better than the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no answer which would fit everyone.  There are advantages and disadvantages to both systems. Why would you want to switch? Is there something ‘wrong’ with you current setup?  At most people’s level, me included, you would not see a difference in performance. I am not saying there is no performance difference but an Atlas with .15 splits vs  TSO or Tanfo with .17 splits will be masked 10x by shooting earlier, movement  and transition times. 
Don’t change if it fits your hand and is reliable except if you accept that switching is purely motivated by wanting something different. 

Edited by KlausN

C, the 2011 and the TSO are certainly different.  I actually don't care for the TSO as much as a grip reduced, modified TS, but that is neither here nor there.

My first word on the subject is that if you are a CZ lover you will never be happy with any 2011 grip, other than possibly the Cheely e2.  I have both and I can tell you that you simply cannot go back and forth.

Full disclosure:  I'm a single action guy.  I build my own 1911s and 2011s.  I also shot Limited with a modified TS your years.  I now sideline that gun simply because everything else I shoot is 1911/2011, and I don't like playing finding the dot/sight when switching back and forth.  That being said, a modified TS is the better Limited gun.  It has so many shooting advantages over the 2011 is is comical.  That being said, there is a limit to what you can do with a TS/TSO vs. the universe of things you can do with a 2011.

If you really want to go back to CZ for Limited, I'd buy a good, used TS, do a grip reduction and have either CZC or CGW work the gun over and upgrade.  You will end up with a better gun than the TSO for around the same price.

Just so you know why I sidelined my full race TS:  I shoot bullseye with a 1911 45.  I shoot bullseye with a 22 Marvel conversion on a 1911 frame.  I shoot SS and competitions with a custom 1911.  I shoot Steel Challenge with a custom 1911 Open gun.  I shoot USPSA Open with custom 2011s.  So you can see why I have to dry fire for a week to get the TS to come up on point.

On 8/8/2020 at 6:51 PM, zzt said:

...I'd buy a good, used TS, do a grip reduction and have either CZC or CGW work the gun over and upgrade....

zzt,

i have a TS, and when you say have them "work the gun over and upgrade", what would they do to improve it?  

And what is done for a grip reduction?

Thanks!

Edited by robert.a.brewer.

1 hour ago, robert.a.brewer. said:

zzt,

i have a TS, and when you say have them "work the gun over and upgrade", what would they do to improve it?  

And what is done for a grip reduction?

Thanks!

First the grip reduction.  post-54411-0-96826000-1449264328_thumb.jpgpost-54411-0-08791000-1462828443_thumb.jpg  The backstrap has been polished to 1000 grit.  The front strap is only at 400 grit in this picture.  The beavertail has been deepened to allow your hand to go higher into the grip.  The trigger guard at the grip has been reduced to get you finger higher on the grip.

The TS barrel bushing is soft and eventually loosens enough to affect accuracy.  The CGW 10X bushing restores that.  The rest of the GGW (extensive) work just smooths everything out.  I will say that a lot of it made no material improvement.  However, I will say there has been zero degradation since the CGW work was done.

I actually switched to 2011 after shooting TSOs for a while. Before that, I was shooting Production with shadow 1s and 2s for years. So a CZ limited gun was a natural transition from Production. TSOs are good guns; however, i should have started with 2011 in the first place. 

Edited by cheby

• 1 month later...

well, IMO nothing shoots as good as a high end tuned 1911.  That being said, if its not s 2011 I can't thing of anything better than a CZ TSO.  IMO its going to be easier to care for, generally have cheaper parts (magazines?).  trade off being sliding trigger.  A key technical detail is CZ need short / factory spec ammo and not 2011 style longer ammo.  if you bulk buy, not so much an issue, if you reload, you will need to verify your OAL.  But really, I don't think you are giving up much by moving to a TSO if you have the shooting ability.  100% id take an Atlas Nemesis, but you can get 3-4 TSOs for the price of 1 Nemesis.