Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel grips on 2011

Mikeski

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/5/2020 at 9:22 PM, Robertwil18 said:

Lone Star Innovations grip is awesome as well.

I do not own an LSI grip, however I have held one and I like the feel of it better than my EVO grip.  It is relieved on the front strap just under the trigger guard where my EVO is straight so it fits my hand better.  My plan is to switch my primary and backup to the LSI grip over time.  The backup is getting the LSI this winter.  

15 hours ago, Diesel24v said:

I do not own an LSI grip, however I have held one and I like the feel of it better than my EVO grip.  It is relieved on the front strap just under the trigger guard where my EVO is straight so it fits my hand better.  My plan is to switch my primary and backup to the LSI grip over time.  The backup is getting the LSI this winter.  

PT does offer double under cut if you ask.  Easy fix to do yourself if that is the only drawback. 

5 hours ago, echotango said:

PT does offer double under cut if you ask.  Easy fix to do yourself if that is the only drawback. 

I did not know this.  Thanks for sharing I am going to look into this as I like the grip but the LSI just felt better because of that undercut.  Could possibly save some money doing this or having it done to my current grip.  

On 8/31/2020 at 1:53 PM, Diesel24v said:

I did not know this.  Thanks for sharing I am going to look into this as I like the grip but the LSI just felt better because of that undercut.  Could possibly save some money doing this or having it done to my current grip.  

I'm a fan of the LSI myself because of the area under the trigger guard that has no grip texture where the middle finger sits?  Is that the area you're talking about because I think the double undercut that was referred to is to the trigger guard and not the grip.  The LSI already has the double undercut to the trigger guard.

Having an LSI as well as the Cheely E2, I will take Cheely all day. LSI feels OK, but the mag catch fit in the frame is sloppy. If you see someone with an LSI grip that doesn't always drop the mags free, it is due to the fit of the catch and the relief for the magazine is not cut deep enough. I fixed mine, but it is fun to watch others with the mags sticking.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2020 at 3:48 PM, limitedgun said:

Having an LSI as well as the Cheely E2, I will take Cheely all day. LSI feels OK, but the mag catch fit in the frame is sloppy. If you see someone with an LSI grip that doesn't always drop the mags free, it is due to the fit of the catch and the relief for the magazine is not cut deep enough. I fixed mine, but it is fun to watch others with the mags sticking.

Can you share what you had to do to fix your mag catch?

Well, I use the standard texture Cheely e2 SS grip and love it.  I was originally going to buy the EVO grip until a vendor at a major shoot had grips on display.  I handled them all and the Cheely e2 was the most comfortable for me.  It fits my medium sized hand like it was designed just for me.  The EVO and LimCat feel squarish in my hand.  I didn't like the LSI.

1 hour ago, GringoBandito said:

If this is am issue, I would recommend talking to Glenn to address the problem. He will make it right. 

Glenn doesn't have time to reply to emails apparently. Waiting 2 weeks on a response is a bit excessive. I know I can count on Matt to at least respond within a few days.

I find it funny that the main reason people started shooting the Chip McCormick/Tripp Research/STI double stack was the hi-tech polymer gripframe and now everyone is looking to go with metal. Much as I liked the first ones that came out, I always had my reservations about the two-piece frame held together by 2 screws. I went the Caspian route and never had any doubts or regrets.