Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SRO on a Gen 5 G34

Flea

As good as it gets without milling the slide:

Forward Controls Design

This was not in production when I got the C&H and to this day I have not seen it available. I like the fact that it's steel and not aluminum but I've had no problems with mine. Do you have the FCD?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I've heard FCD is good, but like these guys have said - I've yet to see it in stock.

The CHPWS plate is doing just fine on my gun. I was impressed with the packaging, and the fact that it included a few different sets of screws labeled for various optics, a thing of vibratite, AND the appropriate sized torx bits.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2020 at 1:03 PM, gaj529 said:

CHPWS also has great customer service.  Buck is top notch.

It's interesting that you say that, because I've had nothing but great experiences with their products. On the other hand, the circle I shoot with (including myself) has had nothing but negative experiences with the ownership.

Great product. Probably the best on the market, especially the v4. Horrible management though.

13 hours ago, fwrun said:

It's interesting that you say that, because I've had nothing but great experiences with their products. On the other hand, the circle I shoot with (including myself) has had nothing but negative experiences with the ownership.

Great product. Probably the best on the market, especially the v4. Horrible management though.

All I can say is my package got lost by usps and he sent me another one for free.  When the lost one finally showed up,  he didn’t even want me to pay him for it even though he sent me a second on his own dime.   No idea why you all had a bad experience.  Great management.  Great product.  Great service.  

19 hours ago, gaj529 said:

All I can say is my package got lost by usps and he sent me another one for free.  When the lost one finally showed up,  he didn’t even want me to pay him for it even though he sent me a second on his own dime.   No idea why you all had a bad experience.  Great management.  Great product.  Great service.  

Two of the negative encounters stemmed from phone calls to the company by close friends of mine but aren't close with each other. In both scenarios, they were seeking guidance on the product, troubleshooting some small issues. In both situations, Buck proceeded on a verbal tirade of disrespect, name calling, and told both of them they were "wasting his time." 

He told me I was an idiot when I recommended he switch to Torx head screws (back when he used allen head), not because it's superior in some way, but because it what customers want. Said if I knew anything at all about engineering that I wouldn't need Torx, and that if I stripped out the screws it's because I'm an idiot (an assumption on his part, because I hadn't stripped any out, and I'm an idiot for different reasons entirely). Guess what the v4 plates come with? Torx, not allen. 

Another time, he told me to kill myself on social media, which is remarkably unprofessional.

If he didn't sell the best MOS mounting solution on the market, I would give him none of my money. But I'm a capitalist and to an extent, I value a good product more than I value being respected online.