Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

N340

bellyrubber

I have used 5.4 gr. of N340 for 145 PF with a MG 115 CMJ bullet at 1.142 .

3.8 grains of N340 for 140 PF out of at Walther PPQ for a 147 grain coated bullet.

VV says you ill get 140 PF out of 5.3 grains with a 124 grain bullet, but that is at 1.140 OAL. I find their numbers are pretty close to my results. Unless you have had the barrel throat reamed you probably can't load that long in your CZ. It all depends on your bullets profile.

I normally use N320 for 9mm.

I don't know about a CZ S2. But I worked up a load with N340 at 133pf. Test gun was Springfield 5" 1911 9mm with lightened slide and 2 port cone comp. 

Bullet: Winchester 124gr FMJ
Primer: Rem SPP

Mixed Brass

Charge Wt: 4.9gr
OAL: 1.145
.377 Crimp 

Velocity: 1075FPS Avg

133PF

I didn't shoot a lot of these, just for testing purposes. Very consistent across the chrono. ES of 13 and a SD of 4

ANYTHING is cleaner than TG lol. It will be a sad day if the only powder I can get to load is titegroup. Never again for me.

I found someone local selling a pound for a good price, so I bought it. I'll shoot it up, but I'm not wild about it. It doesn't seem to like my Hornady powder measure, which binds up quite often. It seems to work better with heavier bullets. I'll likely use it for my 230gr 45acp loads.

2 hours ago, GearHead36 said:

I found someone local selling a pound for a good price, so I bought it. I'll shoot it up, but I'm not wild about it. It doesn't seem to like my Hornady powder measure, which binds up quite often. It seems to work better with heavier bullets. I'll likely use it for my 230gr 45acp loads.

Thats is strange. I use N320, N340, and N350 in two Hornady LNL powder measures and find it very consistent and I have no problem with it binding up.  You can feel when it cuts an extruded piece of powder but it doesn't affect the throw weight or cause any other problems. Those are the only powders I am using  at present. 

7 hours ago, ezra650 said:

I don't know about a CZ S2. But I worked up a load with N340 at 133pf. Test gun was Springfield 5" 1911 9mm with lightened slide and 2 port cone comp. 

Bullet: Winchester 124gr FMJ
Primer: Rem SPP

Mixed Brass

Charge Wt: 4.9gr
OAL: 1.145
.377 Crimp 

Velocity: 1075FPS Avg

133PF

I didn't shoot a lot of these, just for testing purposes. Very consistent across the chrono. ES of 13 and a SD of 4

ANYTHING is cleaner than TG lol. It will be a sad day if the only powder I can get to load is titegroup. Never again for me.

I also did some testing with a load using Montana Gold 115 gr. CMJ bullet and and 5.8 gr. of N340 @ 1.142 OAL it made 152.4 PF and had a ES of 29 and a SD of 8. I did some comparisons with other powders and it produced some of the best HFs in actual shooting on a timer. This was in a Walther Q5 with a Lone Wolf comp. I was not trying to make Major Power Factor just wanted a load that produced enough gas to make the comp work. When I switched to a 2011 I am going with 7.0 gr. of N350 which is making the same power factor at a SD of 9 but produces more gas to make the bigger Thundercomp work.