Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I'm out of Sport Pistol...

wdfwguy

I'll pick up more when I find some, but I still need to load some ammo.  I'm loading 9mm, 124/125gr coated bullets, range brass, Federal primers, in a Shadow 2.

3.8gr of Sport Pistol was my normal load.  Out of the powders I have on hand (True Blue, AA #2, WST, and HP38) which would be the most seamless transition, and what powder charge should be equal to my SP load?

I had a bunch of load data, but lost the files when i swapped laptops.  And I've got a chrono, but just trying to avoid having to take it to the range and working up new loads. 

Powder Valley got a shipment of Sport Pistol in yesterday, they might still have some in stock. But it looks like their site is down at this moment.

Never-mind they’re out of stock again

Edited by mveto

9 hours ago, Joe4d said:

any of the 3 besides true blue will give you about the same results. I say AA2,, It has become my new favorite powder. 

I haven't used it in 9mm, but it sounds like there may be pressure issues when you get to 130-135pf.  You haven't had any issues?

On 8/3/2020 at 5:54 PM, mveto said:

Powder Valley got a shipment of Sport Pistol in yesterday, they might still have some in stock. But it looks like their site is down at this moment.

Never-mind they’re out of stock again

8 lbs headed my way, and 4 lbs of N320 :) I guess it’s just lucky timing.

19 hours ago, wdfwguy said:

I haven't used it in 9mm, but it sounds like there may be pressure issues when you get to 130-135pf.  You haven't had any issues?

dont see why you would ,  published data showing that PF with 124's and 147's without getting into plus p loads.
It is also so slower than  other powders used for minor 9 like tightgroup,  It is a bulkier powder so maybe that is an issue. 
I mean it doesnt have a fancy latest greatest name but I imagine you can find recent threads on cleanshot.... (Pssst... same powder)

Edited by Joe4d