Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Peters Stahl CZ 75 Pre B Transitional

canbuster

Just got this off Gunbroker, 1994 Pre B transitional with a 6" polygonal barrel custom fitted in Germany, supposedly long before CZ offered 6" barrels. The seller only realized it was done by Peters Stahl when preparing for shipping. DA is 8 lbs and SA is barely 2 lbs, very crisp with a short reset. It's very dirty so I detail stripped it today to get it ready for the range next week. It's impressive how good the trigger is considering the hammer spring is very heavy, probably the factory original, and there's not much polishing at all, no mirror finish to be found inside anywhere, not even the pins. 

Besides the obvious barrel fitting and the target sights, a number of customizations I assume done by Peters Stahl:

1. The hammer was grounded thinner to lighten it.   
  2. The firing pin shoulder seems cut to lengthen the stroke. 
  3. The trigger bar is drilled and tapped towards the rear on one side with a set screw installed. 
  4. The sear cage is drilled and tapped on both sides and screwed to both sides of the frame. See the small flat head screw next to the safety. 

Anyone here familiar with #3 and #4? 

IMG_2288.jpg

IMG_2282.jpg

Edited by canbuster

A listing for this or a similar pistol came up on the CZ forums not too long ago in a discussion about 6" barrels. If you do not find any info here you might ask over on the Original CZ Forums. I have not seen the Sear Cage screws before but they could be used to stabilize the Sear Cage. The Trigger Bar set scerw i am less clear on.

Gratz on the unique CZ.

3 hours ago, eerw said:

That’s pretty cool. 
the screws for the sear cage is to stabilize and hold it. That way you could get better SA trigger. 

where in trigger bar is the other screw?

Which is why the A01LD sear cage is directly pinned through the frame. 🙂

Do the sear cage screws eliminate the need to align pre-allign all of the parts and springs with a slave pin and then knock them out with the actual sear pin? If so, that is an extremely nice feature. 

12 minutes ago, regor said:

Do the sear cage screws eliminate the need to align pre-allign all of the parts and springs with a slave pin and then knock them out with the actual sear pin? If so, that is an extremely nice feature. 

its to hold sear and hammer in alignment and not allow cage to move like is does.

1 hour ago, regor said:

I believe that you may be thinking of a CZ 75 variant decocker. In a decocker the Sear Pin goes through the Sear Cage and the psitol frame. In a safety model the Sear Pin dose not extend into the frame. This allows the Sear Cage in a safety model to float in the frame to some degree. It allows allows the removal of a safety model Sear Cage as one peace with all of its parts retained.

21 hours ago, Tok36 said:

A listing for this or a similar pistol came up on the CZ forums not too long ago in a discussion about 6" barrels. If you do not find any info here you might ask over on the Original CZ Forums. I have not seen the Sear Cage screws before but they could be used to stabilize the Sear Cage. The Trigger Bar set scerw i am less clear on.

Gratz on the unique CZ.

@Tok36 Thank you. I'd love to read that recent thread on CZ forums about 6" barrels. I searched but didn't find it, it would be great if you could provide a link. 

15 hours ago, eerw said:

That’s pretty cool. 
the screws for the sear cage is to stabilize and hold it. That way you could get better SA trigger. 

where in trigger bar is the other screw?

Thanks @eerw Here's a better picture of the trigger bar screw

IMG_2291.jpg

Here is a link the the thread.
6 inch barrel on a CZ75
https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=110454.msg864920#msg864920

When i first read Tunachaser's suggestion above that it might be an over travel scerw in the Trigger Bar i did not make the connection, but now that i see the picture this may be the case. It dose seam possible that the scerw in the Trigger Bar hits the frame and bottoms out. This could act as a trigger over travel adjustment. I can not think of any other reason for it to be located there. I am interested to hear the input of other forum members on the subject.

Thank you for the pics canbuster.

Edited by Tok36