Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

80’s pop music

2 hours ago, nickbfishn said:

Especially when my wife drives the last leg home from vacation (this exact moment) and she sings along. It’s all keyboard synthesized hot garbage that makes me want to go shoot a match without earpro 🤢

2 words: Ear Buds. 😉

• 1 month later...

If you weren't there, you'll never get it. But there was a LOT of great music that came out of the 80s and a lot of bands that got their legs in the 80s. Sure some of it was immature. But bands like U2 went from cult following to superstar status. Sure there was a lot of juvenile disco progressive crap, but there was REAL music too.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Zardoz said:

I'll take the 80's garbage over the 2000's garbage.  But, I agree that the BEST music was from the 60's and 70's.  Yes, I'm an old fart.

Garbage's first album was 1995, not in the 80's. 🙂

(I move the thread here so we can keep it open 😉 )

To me, 80's music was spectacular.  It brought us The Clash, The English Beat, Talking Heads, U2, Madness and so many more great bands.  Bob Marley and the Wailers ascended during this time along with the Pretenders and The Jam.  Mr Peter Gabriel did some of his best work in the 80's.

• 2 weeks later...

Snip, the Talking Heads were tremendous!  I have had Stop Making Sense, their concert/movie on DVD that's a must have.  I still watch it 1-2 times/year.  I believe many versions played here are better than the studio versions.