Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC Recoil Help

• 10 months later...
On 8/1/2020 at 2:27 PM, hwansikcjswo said:

I have spent too much money tinkering to get the gun run reliable and good recoil.

I settled with Brekke 12" with their 4" vertical comp, Kynshot 5015HD with their SS spacer, JP 308 carbine spring, 5 or 6 quarters in the buffer tube, and a welded Bolt (Taccom Extreme bolt works too). 

This way, I am short stroking a lot. It's been very reliable and the best recoil. I can shoot all As at 25 yards with .13 splits. I don't need to push pull much either compared to muzzle breaks. With vertical comp, the gun comes back down automatically. For this, I have to make sure to use lighter bullets (115 or 124) to produce enough gas. I currently use 115gr at 140pf. 

Ive seen you mention a ss spacer. what part is that exactly? Is it the blitzkreig buffer weight/spacer https://www.blitzkriegcomponents.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=R15015098? and you put quarters in the buffer as well?

Also unclear on what a welded bolt is.

• 3 months later...
On 8/4/2020 at 5:09 PM, hwansikcjswo said:

You can check out Max leograndis' insta. He did some vids on his setup. I basically copied his build and ammo setup as close to his. 

I have tried 95gr, 115, 124, 147 loads from 130-160pf range. I find 115gr 140pf works the best for 12" brekke setup. 

Depends on your buffer setup and powder, I believe the ideal load may change.

For those of us that don't do Instagram, can you post a link?

On 7/4/2021 at 8:34 PM, neilberashoots said:

you put quarters in the buffer as well?

Do not use quarters.  Believe it or not the bolt will hammer them concave.  Use Delrin spacers instead.  I use the spacers that come with the MBX short stroke kit.  I believe Taccom has them as well.