Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jawbone Ruger PC Carbine Mag Release

• 1 year later...

I see they show as being out of stock at the moment. My initial reaction is to think it would be really easy to bump on a wall or prop and dump the mag. But having said that, I can’t really think of any time I’m bumping the gun into stuff, so for a game gun, it’s probably not a big deal. 

My biggest gripe using the Ruger PC Carbine in USPSA is the reloads are kind of awkward, due to the placement of the mag release. And of course the only time when you need to reload is on a classifier. This may help address that. 

I don’t know that I’ll run right out and get one right away, but I am intrigued. 

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, gunshrink said:

Now if they just had a version for left handed

Lefty model here, but currently showing out of stock. 

The right-handed model is now showing in-stock, so I just ordered one. Hopefully will be able to try it out next week. 

2 hours ago, Cuz said:

How does it work?

do you push it in, down, or up??

Also a lefty here. 

Mine is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. But if I’m looking at it right, you push the lever inward, toward the receiver. It would pivot, pulling the mag release. 

2 hours ago, Garrett said:

Mine is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. But if I’m looking at it right, you push the lever inward, toward the receiver. It would pivot, pulling the mag release. 

Gotcha, for some reason I hadn’t considered it having a pivot point. 

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, vasin said:

Is it aluminum?  Doesn't it ruin plastic Glock magazines?

It appears to be aluminum. I haven’t used mine much since installing, but I have seen no issues.

keep in mind, the Ruger factory mag catch is steel (MIM), and I have not heard people complaining about that chewing up mags either. 

Thank you. Why I started thinking about destroying glock magazines? The reason is Glock 43x, with original plastic mag release and original plastic 10 rounds magazine. But You can buy metal 15 round metal magazine which destroy the original plastic mag release. But if You change for metal mag release, You are OK with metal 15 round mag, but you will destroy the original 10 round plastic magazine.