Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pistol Pro Grip

Russty

I am a new USPSA Production C competitor with 3 matches behind me (1st, DQ on 2nd stage; 2nd, all classifier match; 3rd, finished second out of 10 to a B shooter). So, I ain't gonna impart great wisdom here. But, for other newbies, I have discovered a game changer! I have always had problems with shooting while moving and it really showed up in my 3rd match. I lost big chunks of time to the B guy. So, I set out today to dry-fire my way to better movement while firing. Still had issues, sights bouncing around. I thought, hmm, let me try the Pro Grip I got last week, just for giggles. I had planned on saving it for match days. Man, what a difference!! I can really vice down with my support hand, my sights aren't bouncing, life is sweet! Sooo ready to practice live fire. This really is the single biggest, fastest improvement I've seen.

Ok, competition newb here, just getting started in steel challenge. I was skeptical of all the grip enhancement products and wild marketing claims. Was shooting last week, hot sweaty day, and having a problem with my support hand fingers sliding off my strong hand. Borrowed a friend’s Progrip.  Between the Progrip and my granulate Talon Grips, the combo is seriously magical lol!  Ordered some when I got home; just waiting for it to arrive! If you liked it in dryfire, you’re gonna love it in live fire!

I use this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y5P9SYN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I put a dab of it on the heel of my support hand and rub it around with the back side of my strong hand.  This also puts lotion on the side of the strong hand where the support hand fingers overlap and keeps it off the palm of my strong hand.

My strong hand is more than strong enough to not need this stuff and additional friction slows me down when I shift my grip to release the magazine.

It doesn't have to be a pistol-specific lotion.  This stuff has been around forever for other sports where hand grip is essential (golf, tennis, etc)

Even pole dancers leave reviews about this stuff

Edited by SGT_Schultz

Used progrip for the first time at a match this past week. I ordered the spray instead of the lotion after reading some of the reviews and have to say I was disappointed.  The spray coverage was less that even and trying to spray your second hand was less than ideal.

If I got in on and it setup, i saw a difference, but next time i'll stick with a lotion type.

--BF

I use both the spray and the lotion.  The lotion is good for getting a good base coat on the hands and then I use the spray for touch up during the match.  Trying to use the lotion to touch up a few lite spots adds too much, the spray is just right.