Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Side zipped shoes

fudd

I am getting back into USPSA after a couple years absence..  I wear Danner Vitals on the farm and previously when shooting local matches.  Looking at trying some 8 " Merells  with the side zipper.

Was wondering if they would give the same support as lace up only boots?  Thought I would ask before buying.  Any pros or cons would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I started wearing Solomon's this year, and finally, I have a shoe that's light weight with good traction and excellent comfort. My feet don't hurt at the end of the match from being on the gravel all day either. 

I should have got them sooner. 

I could definitely see some times where one might want the ankle stability of a high top.

Googling the boot you mention, my concern would be the longevity of the zipper, which one should be able to assess well seeing the boot in person. But I would trust Merrell would choose a robust zipper.

But, as others have mentioned, look into the Salmon's or boombah's. I got a pair of boombah hellcat's, and I love them

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Salomons wear out in about one season if you shoot alot of matches. Boombahs last longer and if you have a wide foot they come in wide sizes also. My Boombahs are half way into their second season and appear to have at least another season and a half to go.