Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What SS Guide Rod Do You Use In Your Gen 5 Glock 34?

Flea

• 3 weeks later...

I'm running a Jager steel guide rod in the "heavy" .270 diameter along with a Wolff 13lb spring in my Gen 5 G34.

It's the standard length, as they don't have the extended length yet for the 5th gen models, like the earlier models.

The gun sees nothing but range time with factory 147g ammo and reduced power "Steel Challenge" type loads from Atlanta Arms.

Just got a Carver gen5 rod. Haven’t shot yet but will tomorrow. One thing that stood out is the length. It is a true gen5 rod. It is longer than a gen 3, 34 rod. It goes clear to the end of the slide. So be aware of what your buying. Gen3, and Gen4 rods will fit and work but are shorter. The rod I got is for ISMI springs, I think Wolff would work also just not sure.

8 hours ago, rooster said:

Just got a Carver gen5 rod. Haven’t shot yet but will tomorrow. One thing that stood out is the length. It is a true gen5 rod. It is longer than a gen 3, 34 rod. It goes clear to the end of the slide. So be aware of what your buying. Gen3, and Gen4 rods will fit and work but are shorter. The rod I got is for ISMI springs, I think Wolff would work also just not sure.

What pound recoil spring are you using?

1 hour ago, Flea said:

What pound recoil spring are you using?

I’m using a 13lb ISMI. It just barely passes the the recoil spring test. So I also got a 15 lb. just in case. In my gen3, 34 I’ve been using a 13 for years.