Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Failure to engage

dmshozer1

I would send a email to DNROI explaining the situation and question. If I recall correctly he ruled a few years ago that a target shot through a wall would not score but also that it WOULD be considered engaged. This was in consideration of shooters eliminating a location if I remember it right, his opinion may have changed since then.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, 238shooter said:

This whole time we had been reading line by line and failed to catch the defined word of engaging. The key words, “in view” that was needed and was there the whole time but these conversations kept us digging.D9BA1DD4-5C4A-47CA-BDDC-CA118D6EDAC6.thumb.png.a2a55ba7f2066fe368191dbd8f2197d6.png
Thanks Brian Enos forum!

I shot a stage once at a club match where the MD put a barrel blocking a mini popper and called all the barrels in the match soft cover. You could save a position if you were ballsy enough to try to hit the mini popper through the barrel. One PCC shooter in the match did it.

Edited by Racinready300ex

14 minutes ago, MikeBurgess said:

I would send a email to DNROI explaining the situation and question. If I recall correctly he ruled a few years ago that a target shot through a wall would not score but also that it WOULD be considered engaged. This was in consideration of shooters eliminating a location if I remember it right, his opinion may have changed since then.

i think this would only count if the target was actually in view, and the shooter just missed and hit the edge of the wall or port. The definition above of 'engaged' is pretty clear.

Now my lawyer cap is on so hold folks! So when and why did Failure to Engage (FTE) get switched to Failure To Shoot At (FTSA)? This all started by shooters stating they shot at the target and therefore do not get the FTSA penalty. Remember the start of this quagmire, what is the definition of “at” as this word is now in the penalty description and they all technically shot “at” but did not technically engage. I would love to speak to someone to help correctly verbalize this situation as the shooters were quite proficient in their argument. 
Thanks again everyone for your welcoming comments.

1 hour ago, motosapiens said:

i think this would only count if the target was actually in view, and the shooter just missed and hit the edge of the wall or port. The definition above of 'engaged' is pretty clear.

Agreed, that was not how the question and answer were presented, fingers crossed the answer would be different now