Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P10-f CO recoil spring

darthdively

So i'm trying to tune my CO P10f. i'm running a 13 lb flatspring from cajun. i really like how my gun returns to zero with the 11lb flat spring from cajun buuuuuuut.... that particular spring has problems. i can tilt the gun upward and the slide comes back a little or if i dryfire the slide will come back a little bit.

i'm asking for the world with this question but have any of you found a light recoil spring that makes the gun function reliably?

the run can actually run fine with the 11 lb spring. i had an issue at one point that i couldn't diagnose. slide got stuck in the forward position but not all the way and i had to ram the optic into the heel of my shoe, it was soft. got it loose and switched back to 13 and it didnt happen again.

i have a couple spare 12 tanfo springs i can cut and tinker with. what have you all found to be the best in yours?

p10 f, CO ready

factory mags

RTS2 gen 4? lightened striker spring

everything else stock

thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I believe if you’re lightening the recoil spring, you should be lightening the striker spring as well. At least in M&P’s they work against each other and can cause the gun to not fully lock up. I think glocks & P-10’s work that way to some degree as well. I’ve lowered my striker spring to a 3lbs without light strikes. 

I didnt think about the striker spring and recoil spring working against each other. makes sense. where did you get your 3 lb spring? is it a glock spring? i see some people are doing that.

I use the 15# gold and their guide rod. (CGW)

They never used to offer anything below 15...

Now i see they offer 11 and 13 as well....

BUT i am almost positive the 11 and 13 are shorter....the 15 and 18 are proper F length.

The P series tuner pack shows working for the C and not the F.

But yes, buy a HBI kit or the springs from CGW.

Edited by mrvip27

• 2 weeks later...

just wanted to follow up. getting the zev 2lb striker spring seemed to have helped. more testing to be done. i have the 2 lb striker with 13 lb recoil spring. good ignition. no light strikes.

On 8/16/2020 at 6:23 AM, darthdively said:

just wanted to follow up. getting the zev 2lb striker spring seemed to have helped. more testing to be done. i have the 2 lb striker with 13 lb recoil spring. good ignition. no light strikes.

Thanks for the update

• 7 months later...

So another update, 2lb striker spring gets faulty half way through a match on winchester primers. Looks like up to 3 lb striker spring.  Trigger pulls at a consistent 4 lbs . I wish I could get it lighter. I polished a couple points, it took away some grittiness. It breaks like glass now, but I want a lighter trigger. It looks like I'm with this 4lb for now just for reliability. the 2lb works good with federal primers. I hope this helps whoever reads this.

Thanks!

I ran the light glock striker spring in my P10F and ended up with intermittent (1 or 2 every hundred or so) light strikes.  Ended up putting the factory striker back in and the gun back in the safe until I have more time to tinker with springs and polish parts.  

Earlan357 did some modifications on the disconnector as well as got different springs for the internal FCG (trigger return springs?) and it changed the trigger quite a bit. That’s a bit more involved than just a recoil/striker spring changeout but just to show more can be done. I’m having a hard time finding his thread but it’s out there, maybe on czfirearms.us