Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 Mag Extensions

DirectDrive

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Butterpuc said:

I am a new P320 owner, I have been a huge Glock fan boy for years and use TTI +6 (9mm) base pads on my Glock mags.  I keep seeing lots of people on this thread saying they are using a +5 TTI base pad, so you are only running 22 round magazines, 22 + 1 ?  

Then with regards to the 21 round mags, it seems a +2 TTI will get you 23+1, which is what I am used to with my 17 round Glock mags.

Also, before I purchase more mags, do I just need to hold out and wait until some 21 round magazines come available?

In general for P320's the 17 round mag combined with the TTI+5 gives you 17+5 = 22 rounds.

The 21 round mag combined with the TTI+2 gives you 21+2 = 23 rounds.

I seem to recall (dangerous!) that some people have reported going one round better but I haven't been able to come close to doing that.

You can also use a Grams spring/follower kit to get an additional round.

There may be other options but Grams is the only one I've used.

On 3/17/2021 at 1:02 PM, Butterpuc said:

I am a new P320 owner, I have been a huge Glock fan boy for years and use TTI +6 (9mm) base pads on my Glock mags.  I keep seeing lots of people on this thread saying they are using a +5 TTI base pad, so you are only running 22 round magazines, 22 + 1 ?  

Then with regards to the 21 round mags, it seems a +2 TTI will get you 23+1, which is what I am used to with my 17 round Glock mags.

Also, before I purchase more mags, do I just need to hold out and wait until some 21 round magazines come available?

Thats my question - not sure if the 17 rounders + 5 -or- the 21 rounders +1 are the better choice if you’re buying more mags.  Maybe it doesn’t really matter....

Actually I use both. I use the 21+2 for my first mag. My reload is the 17+5.

The only reason I do it that way is that I'm hoping the +5 base pad provides some protection for the ejector from over insertion if I am overly aggressive with my mag change. 

I prefer the 17rnd with the TTI +5.  They feel better in my hand/palm on reloads.  I sold all 12 21rnds that came with the max guns.  I already had the 17's, so I kept them.  Starting over, I would use whatever came with the gun and buy more of those. 

Edited by echotango

9 hours ago, OPENB said:

I like the 21+2 better, there is no junction the follower has to jump past at the tube/base when you load the last couple rounds. Just feel smoother to me.

Agree with @OPENB

The magazines go together very easily with no need to "seat the spring" in the extension.  With Grams internals, get 23 in all of mine.

BC